Search form

New Website

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
New Website

Hey Everyone,

I have just started setting up a new website. If you have a minute, please check out my site and let me know what you think. I know that I still have a lot of work to do. I still have to add my CV and fix some of my files.

Here is a link www.freewebs.com/amygibbard

Thanks for looking.

Amy

My complaint would be too much use of gradients. But that may just be me. Maybe you were going for that kind of sky effect, but it doesn't work for me.
Pick two to three colors use them and here and there and you can throw in a gradient, but your use of the gradient is pretty intense right now.

Also why extend the menu/navigation background down the whole page when you are only using about a quarter of the space there? Makes you think there is going to be more added later...but when is later. Make the use of your space current.

If it was me I'd use that "graveyard" angel as a hinge pin and work my design around that.

Also, put a stop action in that swf file so it doesn't loop, add a replay button option.

Further note, lose the counter, make it invisible or move it way off the page. It's considered really unprofessional to have a highly visible hit counter.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Thanks for your coments Phacker. Unfortunately, I did not design the site...I am using a template, so I am not sure that I can do much with the gradient or spacing. Good points though...I will see what I can do.

amy if you would like i can help you or i can do it myself and make you a site.

im by technical terms a Professional Web designer

you give me credit for it on your site and give me a few good animatiuon pointers we can call it even?

I can do practicly anything
XHMTL, HTML, CSS, PHP data system, and Flash

i ahve a week open to do this so please respond soon if you would liek my help.

way to go chick

Hey, Amy. Erin here.

A significant improvement overall since the last design. It's a definite improvement in colour, professionalism and content.

Of course, I'm going to offer a few suggestions (and again, you're always welcome to contact me for help!):

a) The gradient is fine, but only if you somehow have the font stand out more against it. Eg. background more transparent, darker stronger font, maybe a shadow for the font?

b) LOVE LOVE LOVE that few seconds of the person in b&w... would love to see more of that and can't find it anywhere else on the site - tried to get info on it to see what that was about - maybe part of the vampires stuff? If so, get it on that page so people can read more about that part.

c) If you can remove the word, MENU from the menu bar, that would be good.

d) I agree on a replay button vs. continuous loop. At one point, I wanted to be able to scroll thru the piece on the home page myself and had to watch it over and over again to see what I wanted. (Not bad, just took longer than I wanted.) Perhaps you could offer links to different size files? Or depending, since it's one of those free sites, maybe you can put the different sized replaying films on different pages and have links to them from the menu bar so if someone's computer can handle it, they can see the larger versions?

Overall, I saw the improvement and the work you've put into it and am glad to see you are working on it that way. Keep it up!!

Oh, and I was thrilled to hear my little one's voice to Stacey's animation - I can't wait to show it to her. I hope to see the full piece soon.

Take care, Erin

Erin ;)
------------------------
The only thing that is truly yours - that no one can take from you - is your attitude. So if you can take care of that, everything else in life becomes easier. ~unknown

Sorry everyone, I've been so busy working lately, I haven't had a chance to reply. For those of you who could not view my site, because it was frozen, I'd just like to let you know that it is up and running again.

Erin, I will post your DVD asap. I've been working long hours, so I haven't been able to make it to the post office. Hopefully it'll be sent this monday.

Chason, thank you for the offer. A friend of mine is going to improve my site, though. I have drawn some designs and he said, a few weeks ago, that he'll build it for me.

Thank you to everyone who has viewed my work.

Amy

Hey!

Hi! i like the site, its coming on well.

i'm currently studying animation at southampton institute, just started! Fresher!!

Chason, if you would like to give me a few pointers on how to ge that 'professional' look on my site i'd be v.v.v grateful, and have a ton of stuff to help with animation if thats what you'd want in return (aswell as crediting u).

i'd like my site to have a more 'drawn' feel to it, and would like to know how to create a sort of database for image galleries. the setup i have at the mo is rubbish!

thanks for your time, if you can give me ne pointers i'll be well chuffed!

Adam

p.s: i've got a paid web hosting account so i can do php and other stuff on it, just don't know how!!

Thanks for checking out the site! :)

How can I improve my showreel? I would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks,

Amy