Search form

Film Akademie Baden - Wurttemberg

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Film Akademie Baden - Wurttemberg

Does anyone know anything about the animation institute there?

Any information would be usefull... :D

Thanks a lot, in advance....
:rolleyes:

Is that down by Stuttgart?

Hello,

Is that the program down by Stuttgart? If it is I hear good things about it.

Thanks.

sorry spam

i love germany!

All I know is that they make AWESOME movies!!

"Das Rad" :~)

Thanks for all your replies.
I'm really glad they're all so positive :D
If all goes well I'm hoping to go there once I start and finish my German studies, so at least by what you say there are good reasons to do so.
Anyway, if anything else comes to mind, I'll be glad to hear of it
:)

Good Day.

The Film Akademie in Stuttgart

I have friends who attended the Akademie and i would definetely recommend trying to get into it. Unlike most Animation courses (in the UK at least ) they promote the idea of working in small teams instead of trying to do it all on your own. They have a screening room on site where you can go and watch and critique other students work. Then for instance if you need someone to do lighting for your own film and you see someone's work you like you can talk to them to hopefully get them to be a part of your film. So then you end up with films where everyone involved is concentrating on developing the aspects of animation production they really want to focus on. Plus you get to dedicate the whole year or even in some cases longer to making the one film. So you really get an opportunity to put everything you've got into it without being sidetracked by other modules you might not want to do but have to usually to make up the points.

Anyway, there's a ton of other reasons why you should apply but the reasons i mentioned above are what i particularly like about the course.