Search form

Scripwriting forums?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Scripwriting forums?

Can anyone refer a good scriptwriting forum? I did a search and there's just too many to choose from. I would appreciate hearing about your experience with any particular site. Thanks much!

Bird :)

Well, it's not exactly a forum (although there might be one there), but I never get tired of recommending Triggerstreet - a showcase and active peer review of short films and screenplays. It's Kevin Spacey's project. It's at (surprise) www.triggerstreet.com

I participate exclusively in the reviewing part and I try and stick to screenplays. There's a lot of mediocre work on the site but, in general, it's pretty hard to write a screenplay that's 100 plus pages without having a commitment. I figure that sincerity alone deserves attention. And, reviews are limited to 200 words, I think.

I recommend it to friends working on or starting screenplays as a kind of do-it-yourself workshop. I haven't had to look at the rules too closely because I don't plan on uploading anything, but you're required to do reviews first. There's nothing like reading others' screenplays for teaching yourself editing and character development and story and dialogue. (Or teaching yourself what NOT to do.)

for your reading pleasure I strongly recommend "Story" by Robert McKee which is all about writing screenplays. Good read.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060391685/qid=1092931006/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/002-0656443-5133600?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Check out Wordplay - hosted by none other than Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio.

Their credits include movies such as Pirates of the Carribbean, Shrek, Small Soldiers, and Aladdin. They also include Godzilla (hey, no one's perfect...)

http://www.wordplayer.com/

Thanks for info!

Cjaye-looked up Triggerstreet, sounds like a good site for feedback once I've finished my script-many thanks!

Ender-thanks for the book recommendation!

DSB-checked out wordplay, great site for practical questions! Thank-you.

I'm all set-now if I could just weave my way through the second act-WHEW!