Search form

3D Studio Max books?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
3D Studio Max books?

Hello,

I'm trying to learn to use 3D Studio Max. At the moment I'm reading 3DS MAX for Windows(author: Michele Matossian) book. I'm going to combine 3D animation, Director & Flash on the internet and do animations (also without Director & Flash and elsewhere...), which mix up 2D & 3D elements.

I believe that I get the basic knowledge from Matossian's book, but does somebody know what could be suitable for further reading? Something that would give deeper knowledge of it all...

:)

geoffAuthor's picture
########################## NOT SO FAST, FELLOWS.... :D

##########################
NOT SO FAST, FELLOWS.... :D

Which version of Max do you have? That will help determine what books would be of most benefit to you....

In any case, I'd recommend going through the tutorials in the manual that comes with the software. And for a general overview, the 3ds Max Bible for whatever version you have.

My focus has been primarily modeling and texturing with Max, so I can definitely say that the Bill Fleming books (like "Digital Botany and Creepy Insects) even though they aren't exclusive to Max have some good tutorials to help you get started.

I would also definitely recommend checking out forums like CGTalk, Highend3d and 3dtotal for online tutorials in Max. Michael Comet (currently working at Blue Sky Studios) also has some excellent insights into working with Max...modeling, rigging, animation and so on, although I believe he mostly works with Maya now:
http://www.comet-cartoons.com/

t

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. "

- Goethe

-----------------------------------------
www.tanjawooten.com

Thanks!

I believe the version I have is the latest one... version 6. The book I'm reading is for version 5, but so far it seems that the basics haven't changed much on this new release.
I'll check the websites you recommended! Thanks for great help!

:) :) :)

##########################
NOT SO FAST, FELLOWS.... :D