Search form

Bud Luckey, Toy Story and Boundin'

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bud Luckey, Toy Story and Boundin'

Hi there..

Bud Lucky, Pixar animator and the co- creator of Toy Story is flying over to the UK on Thursday 19th August until Sunday 22nd. He be doing a workshop on Saturday 21st at the NFT where a group of 30 children will be attending a workshop and then they will be watching Boundin - Bud ' s new short film and Toy Story.

Skwigly animation magazine will be doing a private interview with Bud!

We would like to know if any of you would like to ask questions regarding his new animation short Boundin' (for example how he achieved the style) and his future works?

Any one?

Muppet2004's picture
Don't forget to try out the live animation chat rooms -www.skwigly.co.uk

oh! what a fascinating opportunity...erm....

It looks like they were playing with the concept of visual style as far as rendering goes with Boundin'. Its almost cel-shaded, but not really. The colors were bright and vivid and the whole thing gave off a very idealistic, children's book vibe. I know in the past Pixar has used their animated shorts to test out new techniques, such as the fur simulators in "For the Birds" being tested for use in Monsters, Inc., is this another test for a future style in an animated Feature?

Keep em coming...recording all of these!

Looking for "Infinity" BY Bud Luckey

Hello,
I really want to share with my children a viewing of Bud Luckey's "Infinity." Does anyone know where one can be purchased? Is it part of a short collection? Thanks. Please email me johnmarcia@truevine.net--John111