Search form

the money demon...question about rates.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
the money demon...question about rates.

hey all,

just landed a gig on my biggest production so far as a freelancer but am a little in the dark as far as rates go. The position is storyboard revisionist.

We already established my rate for a storyboard artist but now that I have obtained the revsionist position I need to reconsider my rate. Any suggestions regarding what percentage MY REGULAR RATE SHOULD DROP SINCE THE REVISIOIST POSITION IS A STEP DOWN FROM A STORYBOARD POSITION??

hey all,

just landed a gig on my biggest production so far as a freelancer but am a little in the dark as far as rates go. The position is storyboard revisionist.

We already established my rate for a storyboard artist but now that I have obtained the revsionist position I need to reconsider my rate. Any suggestions regarding what percentage MY REGULAR RATE SHOULD DROP SINCE THE REVISIOIST POSITION IS A STEP DOWN FROM A STORYBOARD POSITION??

Well, why not scale down to about 75-50% of the rate you are used to?

Keep in mind you still need to make a living, so if your baseline standard of living ( say...........$1000 a week) can be maintained or exceeded then all is good.

it really depends on the workload, I guess, because a board revisionist can potentially do as much as a artist boarding from scratch.

Heck, if I was getting $1500 a week to board, I'd expect $1000 a week to do the revisions--there's an example.

-Ken

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

Thanks so much Ken!

Since posting, I actually negotiated a figure and got what I asked for. And I'm glad to know that the way of coming to my figure was pretty much exactly how you said, so it worked out perfectly.

Thanks again!