Search form

Karma-ma-ma-ma-maaaaa and Animation.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Karma-ma-ma-ma-maaaaa and Animation.

Yea, this is about Karma, that nigh-ethereal quality of life that gives you your just rewards or your just desserts depending on your "Santa Claus" rating ( naughty or nice).

Karma's played a pretty big part in my career and I've become a big believer of it.

Case in point: Past couple of years have stank for me. Work has been lean and skimpy and its been hard, hard, HARD to come by.
Until just recently.

Now, I figured that the law of averages means that I'd have a turnaround in the crappy times switching to the sunny times coming my way--and it happened.
But what I wasn't anticipating was the karma thing coming down the road my way.

To wit: I joke that everytime I start, or even THINK of starting, a long-put off project, the phone rings and work is in the offing. Been doing that for years--but, oddly, I FORGOT about using this notion for the past couple of years.
Figures, eh?

Okay, so there I was........finished a 2 month job and thought I'd have a dry summer. So I made my usual funny crack about that afore-mentioned long-put off project and......guess what?

Yep, the phone rings.

Yes, its more work.
3 month gig, at least. Good money, interesting project. Take me right into another project that's posied to start in the fall.

I'd like to say I can just never catch a "break" on starting this long-put off project of mine......but I'm NOT gonna complain about the work.
Work is good, very good and I'm soooooo grateful for it.
The synchronicity and karma behind it all never ceases to amaze me.

Me thinks its probably THE ticket to keep the work on my plate for the forseeable future.

Its sure being working well so far.

Pfft, who need to start some long-put off project anyway, right?

Anyone else notice this "karma" affect in their career?

--Ken

Ken Davis's picture

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

Don't you think it's about time you accepted Vishnu into your life?

I'm up for some Yin and Yang.

I've had plenty of Yin - security, regular work (graphics), regular paycheck - and now I'm going for some Yang - growth, creativity, and risk ...

I'll meditate on your post as it seems to be the path I'll be taking. And it looks like it will be a LONG road. Glad things are working out.

hire Krishna, hire hire, hire Rama, works cheap

It's Hinduism versus Taoism on Religious Job Match!

Whatever happened to good ol' fashioned "God's will" and "the Lord employs in mysterious ways"?