Search form

Haiku of the Ages

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Haiku of the Ages
Deep

Beautiful....plus, it doesn't get any better than the dander-style scruffings coming of the octogenarian's hair....I'm in love with that style.....pencil must be grafted into your palm, no?

Thanks for the kind words Logic.

I'm happy with the way they turned out... they're just sketches though. No, I don't have a pencil grafted to my hand, but I should. I don't draw as much as I should... maybe I'll check with the insurance company to see if they'd cover an operation like that.

:)

I am tired of telling you how I love your work, Jared. But nonetheless... LOVE YOUR WORK!!!

And Haiku is such a funny word!

Cheers

"Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard" - Paul Simon

Thanks Wade. I appreciate the kind words. It's always nice to hear from anyone, but especially from a fellow who's had such an extensive career in the biz.

Yes, haiku is a super fun word to say!

Nice:)

I like the first guy more than the second but both rock. I guess I feel that way because the beauty in the egomaniac comes forward much stronger than the grump in the grumpy old man. But still, both rock:)

Are the two characters part of a related story?

Very nice Chap, inspirational and poetic. You should do a small animation with this, Avant Garde style.
Cheers

Cereal And Pajamas New Anthology : August 2007
http://www.comicspace.com/cerealandpajamas/

No, I don't have a pencil grafted to my hand, but I should. I don't draw as much as I should... maybe I'll check with the insurance company to see if they'd cover an operation like that.

If the insurance company says no, just have it done anyway and call it a "business expense." A good accountant should be able to get that one through the red tape. ;)

Great work.

ab

abvox: Voice and Sound Design Services
abVoices.com

Madaman- I agree... The first is more dynamic and intresting as a whole. The second just has an oddly shaped head... much like myself... or at least that's what my wife says.

Dan- Thanks for the idea. I think that would make a pretty cool concept. I'll have to tinker around with that one.

Abvox- You're brilliant! That would totally work!

Thanks for the crits and comments everyone.

Say

Anyone else think that the top picture looks a bit like Matthew Perry with Fabio's hair?

RE: Matthew Perry

Agreed. Who needs FRIENDS, eh?
(nyk-nyk)

HA! Nice observation ScatteredLogical. You're right he does favor Matthew Perry... and his hair is somewhat sassy... like the cover of a romance novel... I'm making myself sick...