Search form

Kaena: The Prophecy

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kaena: The Prophecy

Has anyone heard anything about this movie? It's French with English dialogue.

The still I saw looks kind of cool but kind of not so hot at the same time.

Yeah, I've seen it last year at Annecy. It's OK but not in the same league as other 3D works currently in theatres. Some nice plot concepts but it didn't really tickle my fancy.

Yeah, trouble with 3D is that people still look unreal and it is so time consuming to model that, that other aspects are neglected. I concentrated most on the story, and felt as I have sometimes with the japanese anime, where you must have read the comics to fully understand the movie. Perhaps there is a Kaena comic or book we don't know about?
There is one little problem whith the basis of the story, though: The huge tree is suspended where the gravities of the planets neutralize each other, right? Then how come the people there are not weightless?

Yeah, trouble with 3D is that people still look unreal and it is so time consuming to model that, that other aspects are neglected. I concentrated most on the story, and felt as I have sometimes with the japanese anime, where you must have read the comics to fully understand the movie. Perhaps there is a Kaena comic or book we don't know about?
There is one little problem whith the basis of the story, though: The huge tree is suspended where the gravities of the planets neutralize each other, right? Then how come the people there are not weightless?