Search form

Spider-man 2

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spider-man 2

WOW!

37 reviews so far and not a single negative one. Maybe I can't wait for DVD to see this one.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/SpiderMan2-1133520/reviews.php?beg=0&int=25&creamcrop_limit=12&page=all

"Spider- Man 2 is that rare thing, a thoroughly successful sequel."
-- John Anderson, NEWSDAY

"A worthy sequel to the 2002 blockbuster, Spider-Man 2 will deposit fans somewhere on the satisfaction spectrum between quietly pleased and overjoyed."
-- James Berardinelli, REELVIEWS

"Until it develops a bad case of verbosity toward the end, it improves upon its predecessor in almost every way, delivering flashier thrills while digging deeper into its characters and adding an overlay of wit."
-- Mark Caro, CHICAGO TRIBUNE

"Has something for everyone."
-- Mike Clark, USA TODAY

"Production values exceed those of the earlier film in creating a comic book world with design, costumes, cinematography and CG effects that deliver the 'wow' factor in spades."
-- Kirk Honeycutt, HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

"Crackerjack entertainment from start to finish."
-- Todd McCarthy, VARIETY

"[The first big fight scene] looks so realistic that it's hard to believe the whole thing was shot in a computer."
-- Bruce Newman, SAN JOSE MERCURY NEWS

"[F]aster, funnier and more entertaining than the original."
-- Richard Roeper, EBERT & ROEPER

"A big Hollywood machine that's unexpectedly full of wit and -- dare we say it? -- intelligence."
-- Richard Schickel, TIME MAGAZINE

"Spider-Man 2 is full of bright colors, emphatic noises and elaborate special effects. That much is to be expected. But its distinguishing features, I'm happy to report, are strong characters and honest feelings."
-- A.O. Scott, NEW YORK TIMES

"Spider-Man 2 is all you can ask for in summer fun."
-- Peter Travers, ROLLING STONE

"Doc Ock grabs this film with his quartet of sinisterly serpentine mechanical arms and refuses to let go."
-- Kenneth Turan, LOS ANGELES TIMES

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm gonna be all over this movie.

I've been a superhero nut since I was 5 years old (37+ years of cape and cowl lovin')--and I was just remarking to a friend yesterday that my afflcition shows no sign of abating.
Unlike any other movie I've seen, I'm going into this one essentially cold. I've seen only ONE trailer, I close my eyes when the commercials come on TV ( my wife just giggles at that) and I avoid ALL spoiler reviews or images.

Oh, the story is pretty easy to figure out--its the visuals I wanna feast on.

My friends and others HAVE peeked at it and they are saying is IS the definitive superhero movie.

I await it with baited breath.

'Nuff said.

--Ken

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

i hope they kept the storyline as in the comic book.
the visual fx were cool in spiderman-1, no doubt the studios outdone them selfs this time, as making dr' aoto octavious's 4 arms move like snakes and looks like metal.
the movie is going to be out tommorow [30 may' 04'] :)

Visit my site http://www.animdesk.com

Well Ken,
it does seem like they really borrowed alot from the comic. That line in trailer about "spider-man, no more" and the suit in garbage can in the alley is exactly like the cover of that old issue.

spider man 2

I have a ticket for opening day
looks cool
i will find out @6/30 6:00

I saw it. If you liked Spider-man 1, you'll like Spider-man 2 a little more.

Some of the character animation is sloppy, particularly with Otto's head.

Maybe there was too much romance and not enough action.

The train scene is excellent. Molina is excellent. Maguire and Dunst are okay. There are plenty of nice little flavorings, like when the girl brings cake to Parker, or the strangers on the train who help Spider-man. And, of course, there's all kinds of crap that makes no sense, but - hey - it's a superhero movie.