Search form

Looking for a piece of animation...forgot the name

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Looking for a piece of animation...forgot the name

Its a french film I think. About a boy who wanders out at night and there's demons and lots of freaky cats and stuff...its recent. There's a trailer online but I can't find it... What is it! I'm trying to show a visual concept to my team.

Ender

It wouldn't be Filmax's Nocturna, would it?

Woot! Thats it! Cheers!

ahh, just the thread I'm looking for, with young knowledgeable folks...I saw a japanese animated film a few yrs back on the television, about a young lad sent by his mother to a local windmill to get some milk, (the mill was full of great atmospheric sounds), the boy has to wait outside, he's lying on his back looking up at the night sky..very beautiful.....that's about all I can remember, someone suggested Laputa, but that's not it..it's in the same style though...hopefully one of you "hip to all that's japanese" can help me here

perhaps Valley of the Winds?

You don't mean Nausica: Valley of the Winds do you? I thought that had these weird crustacion type creatures in there. Anyway, That discription doesn't ring any bells Mr. Meriwether, but then I'm not a huge anime buff. But Nocturna is by a Spanish studio and not French, just though I'd clear that up. That looks like a very cool movie. I can't wait for their earlier movie, El Cid, to hit the states this summer. :D

The Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

thank you both, kind sirs..I shall check out Valley of the Winds to see if that's the one..(I wish I had been more lucid the day it was being broadcast...damn this prodigal lifestyle I've chosen).
...another dim memory of that fateful afternoon has come back to me..not sure if this will help, but I when I'd regained consciousness an hour or so later, the animated adventure had now switched to a train that seemed to be driving through the constellations..now for all I know this was a completely different film... to add to the confusion, I was no longer wearing pants

Mr merry weather , just out of curiosity..
was it a film as in a feature lenght movie, or a series, like an episode.

As far as anime goes, you might want to check out My neighboor totoro, and the graves of the fireflys( ok, ok.. probably none of these two are the one you are looking for, but, Totorro is one of my all time favorites, and i can't pass an oportunity to stick it somewhere!)
grave of the firefly is very very sad, very well done, and , one heck of a movie!

how long ago was that movie you saw??
P.

Hey Meriwether,

I think the animated feature you're thinking of is:

"Night on the Galactic Railroad"
based on the story "Ginka Tetsudo no Yoru" by Miyazawa Kenji

It did run on the Space channel in Canada about 5 years ago.

Check out amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005LP43/ref=ase_internetmoviedat/103-1736395-2744621?v=glance&s=dvd

Hope this is the movie you're describing.

Now get back and answer my last trivia question.

That's it!!!..many thanks Ula, once again you've come through!
..must check my local video outlet, perhaps I can finally see it from beginning to end in a sober state.