Search form

skecthes

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
skecthes

heres some skecthes and doodes, the cornroll fellows are for somthing im thinking about exploring more. what do ya think?

animatordon's picture

<div style="clear:both;"></div><div align="center"><embed allowScriptAccess="never" src="http://www.dondixon.com/donlink.swf" width="467" height="108" type="video/quicktime" loop="true" autoplay="false"></embed><br /><em><span style="font-family:arial;font-size:85%;"></span></em></div>

Looks great!

Only crit I have is that the second drawing of the big guy is a bit inconsistent with the first one. His nose and eyes are quite different and there's something with the overall shape of his head and his facial features that doesn't seem quite right. I like the other drawings a lot better.
Still impressive work though. Interesting characters, definately something I'd like to see animated.:)

cheers,
~D

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy [i]-Tom Waits
[/i]

Nice:)

Like the title says. What's the story with these characters?
It's not everyday you see a disneyesque character with the word BITCH on her belt buckle. She's the best design of the lot...and I'm not saying that because of the cleavage. The hair particularly. There's something that I dig about pigtails, but I still have trouble animating them. Hope you have better luck.

keep up the good work:)

L8r,

yeah,
great character design animatordon!
you have what it takes :)

although i think that your art is bit limited to that style?
i mean, if you try to come up with other chars, and not using the above style of drawing will be hard for you, or you will have to struggle up?

i think that what makes a good animator is that he can create allot of different style of art, and not being locked on a restrictive style.

Visit my site http://www.animdesk.com

You think what?

What does that mean my Shany?
I think you have to be a little more specific with that response. Don't confuse animatordon. Your response makes it sound like he should animate like a crazy person or not try to make pleasing designs. Whether it be his style or someone elses, if anything, these drawings show relatively good control.

Perhaps I'm confusing your point, but while the characters aren't 110% revolutionary in build....I mean, we've all seen big muscle men, big cleavaged women, and punk-ass kid designs....they're controlled and even without a story to see, you can almost tell a lot about how these characters THINK. That to me is what makes the character part of character animation the BEST:)

Please clarify your point, because if you don't I gotta say again, these drawings are pretty damn good from my angle.

Thank you guys i really appreciate your comments,..they are very helpful keep them coming,..i wanna be the best artist i can.

DON

<div style="clear:both;"></div><div align="center"><embed allowScriptAccess="never" src="http://www.dondixon.com/donlink.swf" width="467" height="108" type="video/quicktime" loop="true" autoplay="false"></embed><br /><em><span style="font-family:arial;font-size:85%;"></span></em></div>

Nice designs

I like your designs, I like the cornrolls, might try those myself on a character, your characters are more developed then most peoples I've seen, you should try doing other styles but I think everyone ends up sticking to their own style as they should, when they draw for themselves. keep up the good work. always remember the structure underneath. :)