Search form

The Sandbox

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Sandbox

I was thinking, that I would creat a new, ongoing thread.

This thread can be for people to make all the presonal attacks they want on each other. So instead of highjacking a thread, people can just leave a note to come here, and do all the character bashing they want in here. :D

Let the games begin!!

The Ape

Animated Ape's picture

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

edgy! but sadly true...

i don't get around here as often as i should. but these last three days being laid up with a bum leg, i've been around. reading the forums. and there is alot of griping going on! lots of folks saying stuff that would fly in spoken conversation (with the help of inflection to tell us what the words mean) just not gettin across right.

that's beside the flamers that just pick at eachother with arguments untill someone decides to use large font bold letters do the talking for them.

the kind of thing you might see from the kids on live journal, not from proffesionals reaching out to eachother from across the globe...

well, i already said more than i expected to. hope this thread gets used so we can have some decent conversations in the forum.

if you gotta fight, take it out of town. or, God forbid, just ignore the flamin' babies

ciao,
MicahToons

"Giggety-giggety-giggety-giggety-giggety-Gah!"
~Glen Quaggmire. (Family Guy)

When I win the lottery I'm going to rent a hall and fly all the regulars in to either get to know each other face to face or weed each other out Darwin-style. yeah, that would be cool.

LOL Flamin' babies! I like that Micah. I might have to steal that for the name of my animation studio. :D

By the way Micah, you suck! ;) LOL

The Ape

Hey Lathargic, which anime is your avatar from? I bet it's the worst anime ever!!!;) LOL... just kidding, you know I love you. *smooch*

LOL Flamin' babies! I like that Micah. I might have to steal that for the name of my animation studio. :D

heh, glad you got a kick out of that. i'll be looking for a stdio with that name in the next five years.

;) OH! You are a stinking crap-mouthed liar!! blaaaaarrgh!!!!!11

now see what you made me do:o

ciao,
MicahToons

To quote the bard...

You all 'appeareth nothing to me but a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours.'

The Brothers McLeod
[SIZE=2]brothersmcleod.co.uk[/SIZE]

Personal Attacks!

Hello.

I don't care for personal attacks. I guess it is a way for folks to let off steam.

I don't expect folks to agree all the time (that would be very boring). I do wish folks would leave the personal stuff at home. ..just my sense of it. Of course there are those who enjoy the prospect of inciting others- some of us have been around long enough to know each other's buttons.

Oh well...

Unfortunately- for the last 6 months or so there have been a problem recieving email from the forum. If someone is posting erroneous info or has gone off the deep end - please let me know or send an email to Dan Sarto.

Our emails:

Larry Lauria - lanimate@hotmail.com
Dan Sarto dan@awn.com

Anyone who like to get together at Siggraph let me know. I am presenting on the 8th of August and will stick around for a few days.

Thanks.

well, hi larry.

i'm sure most of us will be glad to let you know if some dude or dudette goes off the deep end.

a couple of staff from my school went to siggraph last year. i hope to go next year. hear it's really cool. saw the dvd.

as for the arguements... it is my humble observation that it's mostly folks trying to be too literal. "what you read is what they meant", "noway there could be color or subtext." a kind of unavoidable carelessness that leads to assuptions which rarely turn out well. it seems like a person can't write words down without having to explain and justify every concept. it's a shame. but a product of our time.

:rolleyes: OMG! WTF! THIS, like, TOTALLY BLOWS!;)

ciao,
MicahToons

Raaaaaarrrrr!

whew! there...i'm over it. lol :D

Hey MatrixChix...you looking forward to the Matrix Online game? I sure am...I've signed up twice to do the beta testing, but they haven't e-mailed me yet.:(

Hey Larry..I agree about the angry comments & stuff; it will just hurt people and get people mad. Maybe we could delete this thread...?

I have faith in humanity... to a point. This thread may be a place for some to come and actually bite at each other, thus keeping some of the crap off the boards (how novel). Or, as it has been so far, a place where a few of us fed up folks stop in and make fun of the abreviation happy net heads and the flame throwers and folks who generally are cranky.

See, no one so far has come in and said "to Darla2979, go to hell. Regards, Whosit3324" So perhaps the thread is doing little good. For that perhaps it should be deleted.

May it was never intended to work, perse, but to signal. "we know you're out there, you jackals. And we don't like the strings of inapropriate grousing." Really, who needs the forum font meter at more than two?

ciao,
MicahToons

I think the true point of this thread is to mock the people who always go off on tangents in respectable threads. And Cyber, I saw what you wrote in the anime thread, you can't fool me, I know you love it! :D (My avatar is Takkun from FLCL btw)

..or maybe it was meant to mock....

:D

ciao,
MicahToons

And Cyber, I saw what you wrote in the anime thread, you can't fool me, I know you love it! :D (My avatar is Takkun from FLCL btw)

Darn, you got me! And FLCL...one of my favorites! Can't fool you. Hmmmm...must...trick...Lethargic...SOMEHOW!!!;)

You all 'appeareth nothing to me but a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours.'

Unlike a sandbox forum concept: "What a piece of work is man, how noble in reason....";)

I am reminded of Withnail & I

The Brothers McLeod
[SIZE=2]brothersmcleod.co.uk[/SIZE]