Search form

Saturday morning cartoons not dead

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Saturday morning cartoons not dead

I work Saturday mornings and when I turn on the TV, I have noticed a great thing...that Saturday morning cartoons are not dead. True, most of them are old Anime shows like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, but there are a few others that Cartoon Network has graciously given to their sister network, Kid's WB: 'Teen Titans', 'Codename: Kids Next Door', 'Static Shock,' and one of my favorites, 'Xiaolin Showdown'. And this is just one channel...

Anyway, it's nice to know that while we don't have an endless barrage of Hanna-Barbera cartoons and the like while we used to (those were the days), we still have 2D cartoons lingering around Saturday mornings to entertain both the little kids and us bigger ones.:)

...Anyone have a favorite Saturday morning cartoon...?

I don't have cable anymore, so I am limited in what I can view, but have to admit I've come to like Kenny the Shark and Tutenstein.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

You have to admit that the concept of a pet shark is rather strange, but after three months of watching it...I've bought into it and actually like Kenny.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

I haven't had an antena in a long time, so my input is a bit out of date, but I loved pirates of dark water. That was my favorite... i still like it!

Don't do nothing because you can't do everything.

Dang MonkeyGrl, u really have been out of it for awhile

It's ok tho, had an antena 4 like 3 yrs myself. Although throught my dryspell of cable awesomeness, I kept up on the news and found out that cartoonnetwork hadn't been showing that sweet cartoon since like 99 or so. So, ya. But i agree nonetheless, pirates of the blackwater was and still presists to b an awesome cartoon.

-HannaBarberaGuy-

I Still miss Wacky Races but...

Kenny the Shark is fun - love the tile like patterns everywhere in the background.

The Proud Family is pretty good. The stories/writing aren't as good as Kenny but I like the look of it.

I discovered Funky Cops last weekend. I love disco retro so I'm going to see how that one turns out.

AND I even tripped on a Three's Company episode last Saturday. Not animated but still quite a thrill.

I really need to get my head out of the 70's.

Caio!

More recent Sat cartoon fav would be a toss up between Duck Dodgers, Justice League or the new TMNT cartoon. I think the new design for the turtles matches the original comic better. Also you can't go wrong with Daffy or Batman!

Cereal And Pajamas New Anthology : August 2007
http://www.comicspace.com/cerealandpajamas/