Search form

Cartoon exposure opportunity

1 post / 0 new
Cartoon exposure opportunity

I"m not sure how many of you would be interested in this, but I recieved this email about a paying venue for original animated works. I am copy and pasting it down below for anyone who is interested. I"m going to pass on it, mainly because the body of my cartoons are Star Wars related and the ones I"ve done that aren't are done as freelance for companies. Frankly I'm too lazy to create something original for this, but some of you might find this interesting!

Aaron here from Matrix Stream Canada. We are currently conducting a search for live action and animated short films on DVD for our " Independent short film channel " on our Video On Demand channel network. If you would like to have us review your animated or live action short for consideration for our Video On Demand channel network please follow the instructions below.
Video on demand Content acquisition procedure

(1) Distributor / Producer sends us 1 sample of " each " animated or live action short in 720 x 480 MPG2 NTSC or PAL DVD.
(2) We review the films and pass to CEO ( Jack Chung ) for inspection and final approval.
(3) We decline your film or send you a contract via mail for our video on demand network
(4) We Receive the faxed version of signed contract.
(5) We put your film on our VOD channel network and use the following revenew share model

25% of total channel revenue divided by total content units in channel ( 20 - 30 ) multiplied by total number of subscriber in territory

Example: 0.25 x 2 dollars CDN = 50 cents CDN

50 cents divided by 20 units = 2.5 cents per content unit

2.5 cents x 100000 subscribers = 2500 CDN per month / per title

Please also find attached our channel lineup and our latest press release with pictures. I look forward to seeing your catelogue and requesting screeners for previewing and contracting.

Yours Truly Aaron Keogh

Content acquisitions manager: Matrix Stream

Matrix Stream Canada - Content aquasitions department

7243 Braeside Dr
Burnaby BC
Canada
V5A-1E9

Contact Person: Aaron Keogh - Content aquisitions manager

T: 001-604-291-7727
F: 001-604-291-7727

E-mail: aaron@matrixstream.com

bluehickey's picture