Search form

Softimage XSI beginner tips.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Softimage XSI beginner tips.

Hey everyone. I'm posting this subject on the exucator's forum. This is probably where this thread belongs anyways.

Listen. I'm learning Softimage XSI, and maybe once in a while, I can throw questions out to anyone that might have the answers, or techniques.

Remember that I'm a beginner here, so my questions will start off basic.

Here are a few...

MODELLING

- I want to merge objects together. For example, taking 3 poly meshes, and combining them into one solid poly mesh.

That's it for now, but I'll be bringing on more questions as they come up.

Muchas gracias.

Adam

Oh Adam,

You are learning XSI? I was told that was a very bad idea, due to the fact that it is not very widely used. I was told to learn Maya or Max. Max is most widely used for game animation, and TV series', and Maya for T.V. and Film. I was just told that XSI is SUCH A HOG to learn, and so I chose Maya. I actually took the 3D class in Maya at Concordia. You should look into that, seeing how you are alumni and all... I am sure you would be able to get in to it, even though you are no longer a student there. After all... I was NEVER and student there. Hehehehe.

It all depends on if seats are open. You should haev seen the teacher's face when he asked what I do for a living. I told him I was a director, and he said, "so what the hell are you doing here?". Hehehehe.

Cheers man.

"Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard" - Paul Simon