Search form

Me at Vinton Studios! Woo!

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Me at Vinton Studios! Woo!

Hey everyone! I just got a summer internship at Vinton Studios in Portland, Oregon! I'm so excited! It's 10 weeks long and we'll be making an entire short from start to finish in that time.

I'll keep you all posted. Their website is www.vinton.com.

Woo!

Ender

Congrats! I've always wanted to check that place out... grew up near Portland.

Congratulations Ender. They look to be a really cool place to do an internship. I dig thier commercial and the short is just funny.

Have fun

Congratulations Ender!!

Learn everything you can while you're there, and get to know everyone there. But most importantly, have fun, which I'm sure you will. I look forward to reading your updates.

The Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

when is mark twain coming out on dvd

www.EvilAsSin.com
for more movies and downloads

the fastest polygon in the west!

YEEEEEHHHHAAAAA!

That's great news Ryan! Congrats!

Let us know how the internship goes for. Best of luck. :D

Jared

I always encourage my students who are doing internships to take notes on production pipeline, animation tips and tricks, etc. to share when they back.

Maybe you can kept up posted on what you are learning throughout the summer if you have the time. I would think everyone would enjoy it.

And yes congratulations and enjoy.

ed

Department of Computer Animation
Ringling College of Art and Design
Sarasota Florida

Wat to Go Ryan

Hello Ryan,

Congrats on the internship -you did yourself proud. Go get them! Cat from animation lives in Portland- so does Tom Frank- the moderator of the old about.com animation site.

The Rose festival is just beginning there.

If you like a good hearty breakfast stop at Cameo Cafe West or is it South - around 23rd and Jefferson I think.

My wife and I stopped there a few years back.

You will love the Oregon coast line and their state park system is online.

Have fun learn even more and like Ed said - share with us your experiences.

Thanks

I'll be keeping an online journal of my experience. I still have to set it up, but it'll be at my website: www.lineofaction.com

Thanks for the breakfast tip, Larry, the studio is on 22nd street, so it's probably near by!

Thanks for the support all. I've got my plane tickets and I'm definitely going.

Portland ahoy!

Ender

One more bit of advice Ender. When any full time employee asks you if you want to join them for lunch, go. Even if you brought your lunch, go with them. That way you get to know them outside of the studio. :)

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Go ender! Go ender!

Great to see someone here going somewhere else!

(wait, that didn't make much sense, did it?)

(well, you got the picture)

Keep us updated! Don't forget to send a post card!

That's a pretty nice location, or at least it was when I was there. I used to live a few blocks from the Vinton studios.

Be sure to check out Powell's books and the West Hills and those cool movie theater-slash-bars they've got.
Here's one: www.laurelhursttheater.com
The theater seats have little tables in front of them where you can place your pizza and a pitcher of beer.
If you have time, try out the coast. I like Cannon Beach.
Aaaaand Columbia Gorge is worth a look. And Timberline Lodge on Mount Hood!

Portland also has a pretty good music scene.
This paper lists some of the stuff going on: www.wweek.com