Search form

Cut-out schoolproject

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cut-out schoolproject

This is our cut-out animation, and its about 5-6 minutes long. Please suffer thru and give comments. Its a one month movie.
http://www.thesilverband.com/intriger/intriger.avi

I get "The page cannot be displayed" error.

me tooo

:(

Sorry, seems it makes a difference if i write avi with big or small letters. Weird. Anyway, this link should work.

http://www.thesilverband.com/intriger/intriger.AVI

Sorry!

Hey okkenbom if finally saw it. It was cool. Felt south parkish. I like the idea and the execution was good too. Man on what did you guys do this? Was it on the computer or did you shoot it with a camera and composited the sound in the comp?

The only problem that i did see is that at some times there wasn't enough contrast between the characters, props and bg. It turned everthing muddy and it was a little hard to make out. The other thing is that i saw shadow being cast by the cut outs which is why i question how this was done.

Like i said other then that its a nice piece. The story is good and the animation works. Keep it up.:)

Friggin' hilarious! :D

This short turned out really nice. I like the pacing and there's some really nice animation in there. Everything connects, which isn't an easy task in cut-out. Like Damage said, some colorcorrecting would be nice...get a bit more contrast and make the colors somewhat richer; but overall I really like it. :)

cheers,
~D

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy [i]-Tom Waits
[/i]

Thanks! its great you guys like it. The movie was shoot with camera, on layers of glassplates. I didn't understand the sound question tho. And the reason why its so lo-kontrast and blurry, is because it was exported from an AVID. And avids suck at exporting, it really is better on tape/beta/dvd/ whatever. And we know some of the scenes are too long...its really annoying when you find mistakes afterwards(the vacuum-scene and the furniturechanging-scene).

........ some of the scenes are too long.......(the vacuum-scene and the furniturechanging-scene).

I didn't think so and taking its time to tell stuff is refreshing. Gosh everything, animation and live action, is so "MTV" jumpy nowadays.

Good stuff!

I didn't think it was too long...the download, now THAT took some time!
The style was nice! True about the color/contrast, but you could color correct it in other programs...any dubbing places around you? They could help.
Fun story and I love the feel of it...good show!

Splatman:D

I think it's perfect.....and what "dave" said. Hope it gets alot of play and distribution and wins the oscar.