Search form

Michael Moore's F9/11

81 posts / 0 new
Last post
Michael Moore's F9/11

Hello.

Saw tonight a recap of the awards at the Cannes Film Festival. Mchale Moore's F 9/11 was awarded the top prize - the Palm D' Or.

This is the same film Disney refused to distribute because it was critical od the present Administration.

Now every country can see it - except in the U.S....very strange if you ask me.

Of course, now it will be picked up (not by Disney- someone else) - because it did win...very unusual!

What concerns me is the censureship! Someone decides they don't like someone else's message and decides not to release it.

The films not in poor taste and I understand this is Moore's best effort to date (as a filmmaker).

Can or should we deny access to someone (animation or liveaction) because they have different views?

Thanks.

Larry L.'s picture
Larry web site http://tooninst[URL=http://tooninstitute.awn.com]itute.awn.com [/URL]blog: [U]http://www.awm.com/blogs/always-animated [/U] email: larry.lauria@gmail.com

Personally, I don't have a problem with Disney's move. Everyone, including companies have the right to self-censure. You could look at it as an individual or, in this instance, Disney, exercising their freedom of speech. I would only be concerned if it was the government doing the censuring.

Besides that, I'm sure Michael Moore will be able to find another company willing to distribute his movie. If the movie is as well received at home as it was at the festival, it will become big D's loss and someone else?s financial gain. Of course, Mr. Moore won't be receiving my finacial contributions as I have never liked any of his other movies:D.
________
List of GM bellhousing patterns

don't remember where i read this, so not sure it's true - but it was reported that disney is purposely slowing down the effort to renegotiate the distribution contract, possibly in the hopes of stalling the release of this film in the u.s. until after the election. i hope i'm in error about this, but if not then disney is going beyond their free speech rights & playing dirty pool.

uncle phil

Well, it seems that it's somehow linked to the fact that one of the "brother" or "cousin" of the President Georges W. Bush are a candidate or a high politician in Florida where Disney doesn't want to lose their political support, since they need it because of their big Disneyworld Park (something to do with money as usual).

The decision was taken by Michael Eisner, the big chief of Disney Company, to forbid Miramax who's a part of Disney (and who financed the movie) to help show and distribute the movie of Michael Moore since this could create some difficulty in Florida, what CEO M. Eisner refuse.

Apparently - I may be wrong of course - this have nothing to do with the freedom of speech of Disney, but with censorship. Since the Disney decision - along with the political fact above - is more like something going against the first amendment of the US.

I could not believe a second that Disney was totally ignorant about what the movie of Michael Moore was all about. A producer is supposed to have read the script before support it financially, especially when it is someone like Michael Moore who is particularily know as a politicaly involved realisator.

Yet, after all, it seems that Farenheit 9/11 have found a Company to show the movie in the USA. The "Palme d'or" effect of Cannes. :D

I find it funny that a realist such as Michael Moore sheds light on flaws in American society (i.e. gun control) or governmental issues, and the American public (for the most part) and government wants no part of it. I suppose it is all, "if I don't see it, it doesn't exist", but that is an ignorant approach. Individually as countries, we ALL have our flaws in government and society, and the US is NO EXCEPTION. I know that the US is very patriotic, and Americans believe that their country is the best in the world with no flaws, but I am afraid that is completely ignorant. I think that films like this would shed a lot of light on a lot of issues if they were just given a chance. Many people would benefit from watching these films with an open mind, and maybe, just maybe, they would make some kind of difference. There is a lot of crap happening every day that most people do not know about, and it is great to have someone like Michael Moore saying "enough is enough", trying to enlighten his countrymen. I just hope that more people get their heads out of their arses and realize there are problems that need to be rectified and the government (and society) can't hide them forever.

As for Disney (Buena Vista?) not distributing it, that is their perogative, I suppose. Personally, I do not see Michael Moore's films, as great as they are, fitting into the Disney name, and I do not blame them at all for not picking it up. It's too bad for them, as the film will probably be just as, or more successful as "Bowling for Columbine", and someone else will capitalize on it.

Cheers

Wade

"Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard" - Paul Simon

The Other Side...

Hello.

Hey Wade, I agree with you. I think it is healthy to look at things from other perspectives. I have spent enough time on the "other side of the pond" to have a gauge on what folks think about U.S. For the most part, they separate the government from the people. Most Europeans are so use to living in close quarters they are much more aware of people. They allow folks to have their own thoughts and concerns- and it is not a bother.

Accepting the 'company line '' whether a person is democrat or republican is not always a healthy thing to do when trying to develop an opinion or a thought process.

Wade, you should see Bowling for Columbine. Do ALL you Canadians leave your doors unlocked?

Best,

the bottom line is that no one cares about this movie, and about the canne's awards.
from clips that i have seen from that movie, those were just videos from the tv collected into a film.
about the american society & goverment, well that just a different story.

Visit my site http://www.animdesk.com

"the button line is that no one cares about this movie, and about the canne's awards.
from clips that i have seen from that movie, those were just videos from the tv collected into a film.
about the american society & goverment, well that just a different story."

As an American I personnally care that someone is trying to suppress it.

Call me an old hippy, but I feel all viewpoints need to be heard.

How many know that Condi Rice had an oil tanker named after her, but that it's name was changed in 2001. Funny how some things make the news but others don't.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Hey Phacker

Hello PHacker,

From another old hippie---I knew that about the ship!

I agree. I say put it out there and let folks decide.

A few weeks ago the Nightline late news show did a show deicated to the U.S. soldiers who had perished in Iraq. Some stations here did not air the show. My sense of it is - you air show and let folks decide whether they want to view it or not... same thing with Moore's film.

If someone doesn't want to see it - fine - their choice - and I respect their choice.

For me, having lived through Vietnam. It's hard to see the little guys catch the blame for everything.

I see the common GIs catching the flack, for something that was probably "an order". Yet for "solidarity" most Americans aren't questioning. Those GIs are Americans also and if they were following orders it's time we knew. I for one want to know whose orders they were following.

I want to know who was responsible.

but larry wants to see it.

the button line is that no one cares about this movie, and about the canne's awards.

yeah, like no one wanted to see moore's last film.

and what the heck is a "button line"?

Hi guys and girls.

Larry, I have in fact seen "bowling for Columbine", and thought it was a brilliant, informative piece of work. Gun control is a MAJOR issue in the US, as it seems EVERYONE (in the US) has a 'piece' nowadays, and are very quick to use them. Granted (and it was mentioned in this film), in Canada, we have more guns per capita, but our guns are used for recreational purposes, rather than for killing thy neighbour. If someone gets shot up here, more often than not, it is because that person was mistaken for a deer.

No, I do not leave my doors unlocked, but it certainly IS common for others to leave them unlocked (my parents have NEVER locked their doors). We all saw Michael Moore walking straight into peoples' homes, and no, he did not get shot, nor was there any risk of it. He actually probably got invited in for a brew...

As for the comment about "nobody caring about this movie" (made by someone named Shany), this is EXACTLY what I was talking about earlier, about BLATANT IGNORANCE. If YOU PERSONALLY do not care about it, that is your perogative, so don't watch it. However, it should not be dictated to the rest of the population that THEY cannot watch it either (to me, this very closely resembles the communist ways of such countries as Cuba or China). Just because you are an ignorant idiot doesn't mean that everyone else is (or needs to be) as well. What people like yourself should do is TRAVEL... See what the world outside your borders is actually like, and your opinions would probably be changed.

Open your mind to the world around you, rather than living in a hole, believing all the propoganda crap that is thrown in your general direction. You might be surprised to come to realize how things really are.

DXV, I was wondering the same thing. I too have never heard of "the button line".

Lastly, I do not mean to stereotype, as I know that there are MANY Americans who actually DO want to know what is really happening around them. I am simply going with the majority. Cheers to the rest of you who are not that ignorant, and who do know there is a world outside the U.S. of A.'s borders.

Open your mind to the world around you, rather than living in a hole, believing all the propoganda crap that is thrown in your general direction. You might be surprised to come to realize how things really are.

Don't want to get sucked into this but some might see Michael Moore's films as ultra-liberal propaganda crap. It's just as one sided as a lot of stuff out there with his Republicans bad, Bush stupid song and dance.

Yes he has a right to say whatever he believes is true but at the same time I don't think there is some conspiracy keeping it away from the American public. Hollywood is plenty liberal and I'm sure someone else would be glad to distribute it if was going to show Bush in a bad light.

ed

Department of Computer Animation
Ringling College of Art and Design
Sarasota Florida

One rodents opinion...

Me? T'aint gonna see it.

Splatman :D

One disagreement!

Hey Wade,

I do have one disagreement! I tend to think most folks in the U.S. are of a "thinking breed" - it is the minority which doesn't ponder these questions.

On another note, I do not cherish the work the of Ralph Bakshi- and, I recognize the fact that his films do exist..and that he has an audience out there.

If I don't want to watch them that's fine...my choice.

Thanks,

Yes he has a right to say whatever he believes is true but at the same time I don't think there is some conspiracy keeping it away from the American public. Hollywood is plenty liberal and I'm sure someone else would be glad to distribute it if was going to show Bush in a bad light.

We haven't seen flag draped coffins except when the photos have been leaked. Who is controlling what is issued by the media?

Anyone old enough to remember Panama:

http://www.phrusa.org/research/health_effects/humojc.html

How many civilians were killed and buried in mass graves? Do you know? Was it reported on the nightly news, except for that one GI that came forward and talked of mass graves of civilian casualities and was courtmartialed for his trouble. It was a precision strike that went "ohhh so well" according to media reporters.

I want my news unfiltered thanks. What happened to reporters reporting the news?

Since the first Iraq conflict, the news reporting has been orchestrated. I for one am tired of been fed pablum.

Michael Moore exploits VICTIMS!

Michael Moore is just another left wing liberal arsehole who has no problem making millions of dollars exploiting tragedies and the victims of those parts of history.I HAVE seen Bowling for Columbine and I say this after researching his agenda.THIS IS MY OPINION.Here is a shining example of Mr Moores' integrity.I will probably see this movie just to see what other BS he has fed the masses!Some people just want to blame Bush for all the worlds ills and thats fine; i really hope he doesnt get elected next term (although I support our president)Just so the world can be "fixed" and perfect as it was before ol Satan Himself became our president.You guys need another scapegoat anyway...
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/127ujhuf.asp

Just FYI

I do not support censorship in any form in a free society!If you dont want to see it, dont watch it; simple.So please dont accuse me of that when you start your little diatribes against my opinion.Dont look at everything from blind hatred as well before you form an opinion...
http://www.mooreexposed.com
swankaman
p.s. i realize this is not animation related!!!!!!!so pluuuuuuuuuu! (razberry sound)

I rabidly disagree!

I believe it is spelled "Thhbbbpppphhttt!!!"

(Otherwise, I agree...)

Splatman

..................in Canada, ...........
No, I do not leave my doors unlocked, but it certainly IS common for others to leave them unlocked (my parents have NEVER locked their doors). We all saw Michael Moore walking straight into peoples' homes, and no, he did not get shot, nor was there any risk of it. He actually probably got invited in for a brew.........................

Saw Bowling too. Thought it was great. I like Moore. But his description of Canada was a little naive if not as naive as the people he interviewed in U.S Streets. Growing up in a Toronto suburb and where we are now we have never left our doors unlocked...and there was/is racism albiet a little more quiet than American racism. Historically in Canada for example there may not have been enforced segregation by law but in many places it was permitted let's say if a school wished to. That's one of many many examples.

But I'm glad there is Moore. Agree with him or not, dissent can be healthy and heaven knows he seems like the only American of any profile to voice it. You have to admire him for putting his big butt on the line and risk unpopularity or worse. There are alot more easier roads he could have taken for his career and these are things he feels strongly about. And whether his answers are right or wrong the whole world should be asking his questions.

a bit of "misinformation"

check it out; can it be?
http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/
hmmmmmmm...lets not censor people who DONT Agree with "Mr" Moore as well....

I think I may have been taken a bit out of context. I never said nobody can personally boycott Moore's films (it would be sad if that is what you chose to do, but do what you want). You do whatever you feel necessary for yourself, as it will hurt nobody. I simply disagreed with comments like "nobobdy cares about this film or the Cannes Film Festival" or whatever the comment was. That was plain ignorant, and actually, a very STUPID thing to say.

Larry, I know the American people are a thinking people, who may ponder these questions, IF THEY GOT AN OPPORTUINTY TO HEAR THESE QUESTIONS, due to the US government deciding what questions are allowed to be pondered and which are not. However, I actually just think that one of the American peoples' greatest qualities, patriotism, can sometimes jade their judgement of a lot of their pondering. There are a large amount of people out there in the US who see guys like Michael Moore as some sort of "anti-American Arsehole" because he is clearly going out and making the country look bad to the rest of the world, something which not many Americans would even dream of doing, out of sheer loyalty.

His arguements are one-sided, but don't they kind of have to be in order to make his point? Yes he does make money off of the tragedies, but you cannot look at it like that. He makes money doing what he feels passionately for, which in his case, is trying to inform his fellow Americans that some crap does actually stink down there. What he is doing is not much different from what we are all doing, or hope to do; He makes money doing what he loves and has a strong passion for. For him, it is making his informative documentaries, for us it is making animation.

One last thing before I close, and this is for Ed... How is what Mike Moore's saying "propoganda crap"? You actually see this as him trying to get a different government in office, and Bush out? Do you not think he will continue doing this when the next President takes office, democrat OR republican? This film was made (from what I can only assume) to show people the events that lead up to what had transpired on US soil a few years ago, and to show the people that the government, yes, made mistakes, and lots of them (i.e. training a whacky S.O.B. like Osama Bin Laden). I could go on and on about mistakes that the US government has made over the years with their foreign policies (Vietnam, Chile, Panama to name a few) that ended up costing MANY people their lives, American and Others. Does this mean I am trying to get you all to vote Bush out? No... I am just stating the facts, as I feel that Moore does as well, to show the other side of the coin.

Anyways, I hope that this thread can stay civil. It is too bad that Swankaman feels he needs to tip-toe around, covering all his bases and avoid an arguement. So far, so good though... No personal attacks yet, no "le Sharc or Ullalame or Mr. Meriwhether" (someone should really ban those guys from here, as they have comletely NOTHING to say constructive) here spoiling it for everyone else. Just a good clean debate. I value all opinions, whether they contradict mine or not, as long as they are informed ones. Swankaman, I know it is frustratiing being pounced on, but don't worry about it. Just write what you have to say, dude. Phacker... Are we actually agreeing here? Cool.

Cheers

One last thing before I close, and this is for Ed... How is what Mike Moore's saying "propoganda crap"? You actually see this as him trying to get a different government in office, and Bush out? Do you not think he will continue doing this when the next President takes office, democrat OR republican? Blah blah blah...

I knew I should have kept my mouth shut.

When I said "propaganda crap" I was merely using your term to show that Moore's comments can be seen as propaganda for the ultra liberal element that is out there. The definition of propaganda is "the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person" and yes I think that what he is doing. He would love nothing more to have Bush out of the White House and to thing he has something to do with it.

I used to like Moore and his work, he had a TV show years back that was great but over time it seems he has had to get more and more desperate for attention. I think now a days it’s more about him that is the cause. If there was money to be made by kissing Bush’s butt he’d be there and that’s my opinion. And that’s it, Moore won’t ever stop as long as there is money to be made and that’s his choice, that’s the American way.

I think there is a need for people like Moore because like it has been stated the media is going to show and tell what sells more newspapers. Just as we are seeing with the prison abuse photos; they will trickle out one at a time so that fire burns as long as it can and papers can be sold. But it’s funny how they have no problems showing those photos but not any on the beheading of Chris Berg. If they want disturbing there is no worse but we never saw it…but I digress.

So hey what about that Shrek?

ed

Department of Computer Animation
Ringling College of Art and Design
Sarasota Florida

Balance the Info!

Hello,

I do try to keep an even balance on the news. I don't depend on the networks or CNN- I watch World News International (which carries it's own news plus news from ITV in the UK, the Canadian news, the German news and the Japanese News)...Once in a while I tune into the BBC...having the dish gives you more options than cable.

I want all opinions. I also read...the NY Times, the (London)Sunday Times and the Christian Science Monitor.

Thanks.

Fair enough, Ed. I respect your views, and admit that soem have a great deal of merit.

Larry, I can't help but to feel like you think I am directing any comments about ignorance towards you. This is not the case at all, as I know full well that you are not at all ignorant towards the world around you. One BIG thing that probably helped you to shed some light on other views than "the American way" is the fact that you in fact HAVE travelled and lived abroad. That tends to open peoples' eyes frquently. Any comment that I have made about the Americans' beliefs in their superiority and believing their (and their government's) crap doesn't stink was directied toward the great mass of uneducated Americans who believe that Canada is a state above New York, that we have annual Polar Bear hunts in Toronto, and that we Canadians are all a bunch of "wannabe Americans".

Cheers guys. I hope that I have not come across as wanting to argue here, as that was not at all the case either. Just wanted to share my views of what Moore is doing, and to quickly snuff out the one and only person who has in fact made a comment of blatant ignorance much earlier in the thread. I like a good debate like this, animation related or not (I am sure there is a Shrek thread somewhere on the board presently).

Agree or Disagree with Moore's methods or reasons.
Even in Documentary film making "Artistic or Directorial license" exists.

I rather see a discussion on the "issues" that his film uncovers.
What is it about, and how do these "issues" relate to world events, the next election, etc...

On the Canadian news documentary program, "The Fifth Estate"
they ran a documentary in 2003: "CONSPIRACY THEORIES", which details the
relationship between the Bin Laden and Bush families that culminates
in the tragic events of September 11th.
These are the same issues that Michael Moore delves into in his new film "Fahrenheit 9/11" .

check out the Fifth Estate website link below for further info:

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/conspiracytheories/index.html

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/conspiracytheories/saudi.html

The PBS show "Frontline" has also had many episodes that touch on these connections as well.

So it's not a new theory, or Moore's own theories.
These important topics have been touched on before and we should be discussing what his film is about.
Lets debate the facts, not if we like or dislike Moore as a filmmaker, or if he is Leftwing or Rightwing. Has he brought up important facts that should be debated?

wow!Im impressed!

points all well taken people.nice to see a slice of civility in such a magnetic issue.To the artist formerly known as "swade".I agree, say what you need to say and let it roll.I try to do so most of the time but honestly some things like politics & religion EVERYONE WILL NEVER AGREE ON TOTALLY so..(Something about having the wisdom to realize things you have no control of there.. for me personally)I dont hate Mr Moore, i respect his rights I would just like to see things a tad more balanced in something like this but that may be asking too much given the reverse polarity of opinions in this day and age.
swankaman

Wade!!!

I thought the Polar Bear hunts were Semi-annual!!!

I joke! I knew they were annual.

I joke on my last joke!

Alas, Mr Moore has his own opinion, and his own agenda. Good for him. I don't agree with his views, but there ya go...

Did you ever notice Moore kinda looks like Shrek?

I joke!

Wade!

I thought the Polar Bear hunts were Semi-annual!!!

I joke! I knew they were annual.

I joke on my last joke!

Alas, Mr Moore has his own opinion, and his own agenda. Good for him. I don't agree with his views, but there ya go...

Did you ever notice Moore kinda looks like Shrek?

I joke!

Hey, lookie there...

I post!

I post!

In a country where the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government are controlled or dominated by right-wing republicans and radical neo-conservatives, maybe we ARE witnessing balance through Michael Moore.

God (or possibly Superman) help us if Americans stopped questioning their government.

Darn tootin'!

It's our Superman-given right.

I question everything. Infact, I question this question!

I'd just like to remind folks that "memorial day" for us "yanks" is coming up. My Grandfather, father and all my unc's and many friends served and some never came home whole. They didn't make decisions, most were just grunts. But they felt their contribution was important. Every year during this long weekend I try to stop and think about what they sacrificed. I don't necessarily buy into the the political spiel, but I do recognize and take some time to recognize them. Hope the rest of the "yanks" will do the same. I never buy the political speak.... I feel I owe this to my family and friends. I lost too many friends and relatives, but this is a time to take a few moments in the long weekend and think about them. In their own way they were idealists, and they faced the biggest risks.

Pat

Good Ba-balance!

Hey Phacker,

Again I agree...talk about Memorial Day...my dad was over in Asia and Germany during WWII. One of my brothers and I were drafted during the Vietnam War. I have a nephew who was in Afganistan and is now headed to Iraq.

Even my step father served (was in on D-day).

I remember the whole Memorial day thing. In the service I was lucky not to be sent to Vietnam- I ended up in the Old Guard at Ft Myers, Va. (ceremonial unit and escort to the Pres.). We would get up at 4:30 am the Saturday before Memorial Day and put flags on each of the graves at Arlington. - then, we would go back at 4:40 am the following Tuesday and collect the flags.

Here's an animation related tidbit. My first trip to the WALL -the Vietnam memorial was made with voice actress, June Foray in 1988 or 89. June was my guest in D.C. I had never been to the Wall. I have a cousin, Vincient Zapini (father's step brother's son) whose name is on the Wall and I could not make myself go down and see his name. Well, June wanted to go down and see the Wall. The whole experience was amazing and very moving -especially when we visited around midnight just before Memorial Day. The Vets were out in force- unforgetable. I found Vinny's name.

I paid my dues. Folks should have the right to choose...see the Moore film or not see it...I want the option.

I want the option too Larry! That's what I feel they risk their lives for.

Balanced; really?

Michael Moore has been called many things but I dont recall "balanced" as being a particular word in reference to this "man".Its so funny how people can make all these arguements that Bush is sooooo stupid, hes a moron, an ignorant buffoon;yet hes the "mastermind" of countless conspriracies?uhhhh, yeah, gotcha!Did you know that three of the jurors on the Cannes feature film jury have current, big-money deals with Miramax?
Interesting fact.
swankaman
p.s.did any of you who support Moore actually READ any of the info from the sites i linked to?I mean cmon poeple, there are 25 links on the front page of the http://www.bowlingfortruth.com site alone that are very interesting indeed.To me it apperas this man LIED in MANY INSTANCES; yet all that comes out his mouth is how other people lie?Pot, meet kettle...For all of you Bush haters here is a virtual cornicopia of a Michael Moore wannabe; the similarities are stunning in the methods of delivery and frequent use of extreme propoganda!Yes I peruse many sites that dont speak so highly of our government.He actually calls his little films **ahem** ANIMATIONS.....Yeah, riiiiiight.....
www.bushflash.com

I personnally don't have any expectations of Michael Moore. I just want the opportunity to view everything and make my own judgements. It seems anyone that has any connections to broadcast has a hidden agenda. I for one want to see everything aired in the sunlight.

I also don't give Bush and Chenney a free ride either. No one gets a free ride on my boat....I work too hard. I expect honesty, in fact if I had the power I would demand it.

Pat

You know when the senior George Bush lost his reelection campaign: when he told that veteran to shut up and sit down. Think his son will make that same msitake, maybe.

Pat

I thoght that was Dean?

--Quote from an article I read, Im trying to find the link--
A TV camera is rolling virtually everywhere, and on those occasions when it’s not, there’s a blogger, a laptop, and a digital camera nearby. Dean’s mediated "character" -- especially footage in which he rudely ordered a hostile elderly voter in Iowa to sit down and shut up -- apparently struck many people as intemperate, arrogant, and abrasive. (Also in Iowa, Dean engaged in an exchange of negative ads with the Dick Gephardt campaign, a media war that has repeatedly and plausibly been blamed for undermining the appeal of both candidates.)--
Did poppa Bush make the same statement?As a vet I take offense to THAT!
Swankaman

Yeah Papa Bush did that. I've been trying to find something in print to document it, but that's what changed my mind about voting for him in his reelection campaign. His numbers were high, he was looking good and some veteran ask him something about healthcare I think...and he (Bush) told him to shut up and sit down.

That's when I decided to vote for Nader thank you. And I'll do again. I'll keep looking I am sure someone documented it.

why that dirty..

Hmm, I'd never heard of that one!Im sure its tough being in the spotlight like that (politics) but thats an un-acceptable response from a public figure we depend on.Its not the worst thing Ive heard but definately damaging and irresponsible.
swankaman

It happened before I had a computer. Maybe someone can help me out with a reference. But I totally changed my mind. It was broadcast, but not that much, but it made an impact on my way of thinking. Just the fact that someone in a position of power/potential power could be that unfeeling and superior. He totatlly lost my vote.

I was never a fan of Dean's so I didn't follow his campaign. I can't believe his handlers let him make the same mistake...but they were probably all in their twenties and didn't remember Papa Bush's mistake. Another reason to hire the elderly or middleaged. But noone will listen to me.

Last one, i promise

This may be the equivelant of beating a dead horse but anyway I found this very interesting.Ive got to say the pattern that is present (to me at least) shines thru in an almost blinding fashion!Dead Americans, Moore blaming Bush.
Filmmaker Moore Says He Has Footage Of Berg Interview

POSTED: 3:46 pm EDT May 27, 2004
NEW YORK -- Filmmaker Michael Moore, whose incendiary new documentary lambastes President Bush's handling of the war, said Thursday that he has footage unused in the film of Nicholas Berg, the American civilian later beheaded in Iraq.

The footage, of an interview with Berg, "is approximately 20 minutes long. We are not releasing it to the media," Moore said in a statement. "It is not in the film. We are dealing privately with the family."

Neither Moore nor his representatives would describe the nature or contents of the interview with Berg, who held staunch pro-war views.

No one answered the phone Thursday at the home of Berg's parents in West Chester, Pa.
--A couple of questions i have; WHERE did he get this footage?Fed ex-ed by the perps?and why in the hell would the Berg family be interested in watching any more of this despicible act?Is he trying to provoke the government into arresting him so he can cry foul?"See, look what the president is doing to me?Another human tragedy, another buck for Moore.So any of you people who bash bush on a regular basis and blame all of the worlds ills on one man (I guess the whole Checks and balances doesnt work at all eh?)Are you tired of posts about how bad Moore is?
well now you know how I feel.(with the Ad Naseum bashing of the president)
Im done.
swankaman

Holy smokes, Jack Ruby!

I don't know where you get the idea that presenting government documents and statements made by administrations officials is "bashing the president". But its the systematic lies the government has presenting over the 30 years that have gotten us into such a pickle.

Not having seen Fahrenheit 9/11 -like everyone else here -I won't speak to Moore's film.

But I have seen "Waking Life" star Alex Jones' "Masters of Terror" from which the Rupert Murdoch owned New York Post says much of Moore's material is culled. Nearly everyday the Feds issue a statement which is patently untrue, some they own up to months later, some result in the deaths of over a thousand Americans (including "private contractors").

This is not "bashing", this is calling a lie a lie. The same as Mr. Clinton's impeachable "I did not have sexual relations with that woman", but on graver policy issues.

As for check and balances they've been run roughshod and our pathetic Congress won't do its job.

Remember when the Executive Branch declared an end to major combat. Interesting. Since the power to declare war rests solely in the hands of the Congress (Section 8, I believe, of the Constitution) and no Act of War has been passed how, I ask, can the Executive declare an end to the fighting? This abject breech of the fundamental purpose of our government should see the lot of them in jail for sedition.

Its OK if you like George Bush on a personal level- even if I can't fathom how -but you must admit he's been acting very un-American with all his Platonic and kingly deceit.

Ugh, the New York Post is hardly a credible source.

It seems more likely that Moore and Jones both drew inspiration from Greg Palast ( www.gregpalast.com ).

Alex Jones makes some interesting videos, but I tend to discard his theories when he attributes the world's woes to a Satanic plot against Apocalyptic Christians.

More On Moore's Movie

Personally I find the present administration to be filled with deplorable human beings committing deplorable crimes against the US constitution and people all over the world.

But, getting back to the Moore movie.. .. ...it will be interresting to see if Disney or a Disney subsidary eventually releases F911 in the US. If so, one might argue that it was all just a publicity stunt, to get people talking about the film, so that they would go spend money seeing what all the cammotion was about.

It's like the Janet Jackson super bowl breast incedent. Does anyone really think that was a mistake? Of course not. It was a cheap marketing ploy to get people talking, so that certain entertainers (who really aren't entertaining at all) could keep their careers alive for another year or so.

I like the way Moore offers a diverse point of view, even if I don't always, completely agree with it. He makes one QUESTION things, and that's something tha we red blooded, Americans don't do very well.

Yee-gads!

I personally QUESTION everything Moore does!

My red rodent opinion.

Splatman:D

For sure!

Splatman I also question anything a polictian says or does.

As you should!

They work for YOU. However, many politicians forget that fact...

Splatman:D

Pages