Search form

How's the book coming Tony?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
How's the book coming Tony?

Hey Tony,

I was just wondering how your new book is coming along. If memory serves, I remember that you were fairly close to getting it published last year. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Animated Ape's picture

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Hi Animated Ape.

Welcome to the Desktop!

Well, a lot of water has passed under the drawing board since the last book was close to being published. I basically had creative and content differences with my publisher of the time and so it never went ahead. (The 700+ page manuscript is sitting, collecting dust, on my studio shelf right now!) In the meantime, I am now working on a new film which will be included in DVD form in another book I am about to write. This is a far more ambitious book... a 'classical techniques from the past' meets 'digital technology of the present' kind of thing... which is very different and far more exhaustive than even the last intended one!

Strangely enough I was just working on an animated ape sequence (a personal tribute to 'Jungle Book') for my film when I read your posting on the Desktop. So your name fitted perfectly with what I'm doing right now! Synchronisity, huh? (s)

Anyway AA, watch this space later in the year for news of the film's launch and later next year for the arrival of the book in the stores. (There's an article on the film... and how I am encouraging my students to help out on it... in the current [May] edition of 'Animation Magazine' by the way. Read all about it!) (s)

Thanks for asking anyway....

Tony. :^{)}=-

Personal Blogsite:
http://blog.animaticus.com

"The Animaticus Foundation"
http://www.animaticus.com

Thanks Tony, I'm not actually new here. I used to be Luau Lizard, but I'm to stupid to remember my pass word after the relaunch. :o :D So I changed my name to match my website. Serendipity indeed :)

Your new book sounds awsome. I'm sorry to hear about your other book, but maybe it's for the best. If it did get published, then you might not be writing this new book which sounds very interesting. What type of digital techniques are you writing about if I may ask? Or is it very hush hush?

I look forward to reading your new book and seeing the DVD when they come out, and I'll check out the Mag too.

Aww..shucks..

Hi Tony W.

Um, so is it a sad ending for your other book? Well, I'm a pretty optimistic person so I dunno I'm hopn' to see that become published and all. O well I'm sure your new book will be a great hit w/ the animators of all ages. Oh there's a DVD I hear too, well that's awesome then, I will be anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

-HannaBarberaGuy-