Search form

School in Toronto?? What about Max?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
School in Toronto?? What about Max?

Hello everyone,

I'm new here but a big fan, my name is Khalid Al Dakheel, I'm a cartoonist, designer and an animator and you can see my artworks and animations at my site " www.khalidaldakheel.com ". I'm planning to go to Canada and speceficily...to Toronto, I really wanna know if there're great 2d schools in there. I found some of big names in 2d animation Education such as Max The Mutt, and I'm wondering if anybody have an idea about it, studied there or knows other schools, I hope you can help me with this or email me, 'cause I've been searching long time ago.....thank you

kd_online's picture
Animated Life

Animated Life

About Max The Mutt

I'm the Director of Max the Mutt, but for an unbiased review of the school you can go to www.ConceptArt.com, forums, Education (art and education?) and you'll find a thread started by Alex Plevak who is not one of our students but plans to apply. There is also a thread I started which has many comments from our current students. If you want to speak to someone, Van Olson, our Admissions Director, can be reached at volson@maxthemutt.com. I assume you've already checked out the website, www.maxthemutt.com.

I hope this is some help.

There's a whole thread dedicated to animation schools here: http://forums.awn.com/showthread.php?t=5641
I think some of the Toronto schools are talked about in there.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Hey KD, just tried your link, nothing there...did you take your site down.

Maxine I visited your site, what makes it better than the rest? Do your students know you are using their work? Are you basically marketing to an overseas market?

My vocational computer graphics course offered the same thing you are:

Max the Mutt students graduate with a solid portfolio, demo reel, the skills to write a cover letter and resume, and the ability to conduct themselves professionally in a job interview. We have strong contacts in the animation community; our annual industry Open House is well attended by representatives from animation and gaming companies. Many employers contact us when they have job openings, and we regularly inform our graduates of job opportunities.

In the end everything I ended up with was through my own efforts.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Any studios hiring go to Max the Mutt for talent?

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Just a reminder. Please check the post dates. The original post and reply were from over 3 years ago.

Mahalo,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Sheridan College, Oakville.
http://www.sheridanc.on.ca