Search form

Blue/Green Screen? Is it easy to do?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Blue/Green Screen? Is it easy to do?

I'm deciding which courses to take at AI (Art Institute of Vancouver).
I'd like to be able to do something like this. It's the music video "Trouble" by Coldplay. I'd like to mix animation with live-action.

http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/coldplay/audvid.jhtml
(The link to "Trouble" is under Music Videography, I think)

The school offers two programs, "Animation" and "Visual Effects & Motion Graphics." In the latter, they use the green screen but in the animation program, they don't. Would you say the green screen is easy to use/create and better to take the Animation program?

I'm deciding which courses to take at AI (Art Institute of Vancouver).
I'd like to be able to do something like this. It's the music video "Trouble" by Coldplay. I'd like to mix animation with live-action.

http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/coldplay/audvid.jhtml
(The link to "Trouble" is under Music Videography, I think)

The school offers two programs, "Animation" and "Visual Effects & Motion Graphics." In the latter, they use the green screen but in the animation program, they don't. Would you say the green screen is easy to use/create and better to take the Animation program?

Euhrr...this or that technique really shouldn't matter any in your choice of program. Animation, vfx and motion graphics are vastly different areas. I think you might wanna do a bit more research before you commit to any one direction.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy [i]-Tom Waits
[/i]

You may want to do some more research on the schools in that area. There may be better options than the Art Institute. I made the mistake of not "shopping around" and went to the one in Seattle. I did not receive what I paid/will be paying for for many years... just a thought.

Chroma key is no secret. Any idiot can do it. Even *I* can do it!!

I recommend you go for the Animation program. If you need simple effects like that, you'll easily figure out how to do it later. Animating is far more difficult to learn by yourself... ;)