It's open to young creatives in visual effects, animation, games, virtual reality, motion graphics and 3d visualisation. There is simply no better way to launch your career and start sharing your amazing work online.
The Rookie Awards is open to all amateur artists. If you are trying to break into the creative media and entertainment industry, you are eligible. Students, recent graduates and self-taught artists are allowed to enter.
The goal of these Awards is to help encourage and motivate artists to share their work. It’s not just about winning. It’s about building your confidence and finding out how your skills stack up against other artists around the world on the same journey.
- Get together all your best digital work. This could include finished projects, work-in-progress, sketches or even team projects.
- Find the Rookie of the Year category that best suits your skills. You can pick more than one. Create an entry that showcases your best work in this field. Share the work you would share with a recruiter (btw, they are here snooping).
- Take advantage of our page builders and get creative.
- Consider submitting work to other key categories such as Film of the Year or Game of the Year. If you are part of a team, just nominate one person to enter your project and tag everyone else as collaborators.
- Interested in winning a Studio Internship or School Scholarship? There are plenty to choose from. Just tick the ones you’d like when submitting your Rookie of the Year entry.
- Stop thinking about entering, just take a chance. Most of our success stories are from people that didn’t win and thought it would never lead to anything.