10th Anniversary Event June 25-26, 2011
A BUNCH OF SHORT GUYS Hosts INDUSTRY GIANTS 2011: Ten in TexasVisual Effects, Animation and Game Forum
A Bunch of Short Guys are proud to announce this year’s Industry Giants 2011: Ten in Texas, the tenth anniversary event of Texas’ premiere Visual Effects, Animation and Game Forum. The two day conference features id Software co-founder and lead programmer John Carmack, along with many other presentations from creative professionals around the world. The tenth annual event takes place Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26, 2011 at the Kessler Theater, 1230 W. Davis Street, Dallas, TX 75208. The event is open to the public, students, and industry professionals.
Hosted and organized annually by the filmmaking/visual effects, animation, game development non-profit, A Bunch of Short Guys, Industry Giants 2011’s first day features a series of lectures that conclude with a panel discussion. The second day features exclusive Masterclasses, taught by the leading experts in various fields of art and technology. The distinctive lineup of presenters work in all areas of animation and visual effects for film, television, and games. Schedules and ticket information are available online at www.industrygiants.org.
Presenter Topics / Saturday, June 25:
- John Carmack – Lead Programmer and Co-Founder - i.d. Software
- Jason Manley – Founder - Massive Black, ConceptArt.org, The Art Department (TAD)
- Allan McKay – Visual Effects Supervisor, Director, Producer – Catastrophic FX
- Kevin Johnstone – Artist - Epic Software
- Chad Sellers – Animator – Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Rita Street – President - Radar Cartoons
- Paul Gaboury – 3D Application Engineer, Pixologic – “ZBrush Across the Entertainment Industry”
- Mike Mattesi – Author of The Force - “Drawing for Animation”
- Allan McKay – Visual Effects Supervisor, Catastrophic FX – “Visual Effects for Hollywood Blockbusters”
- Johan Klingler – Animation Instructor, The Art Institute of Dallas – “CG Workbooking as Compositional Layout”
- Rita Street - President, Radar Cartoons - "Developing Intellectual Properties"
- Bettye Zoller and J. Schuh – Actors – “Voiceover in Games and Animation”
- Ronnie Williford – Lead Animator, Powerhouse Animation – “Modern Life Drawing”
- Francis Vallejo - Studio Lead, The Art Department - "Life Drawing for Comics and Illustration"
- Robby Lamb - Artist, Bioware - "World Development and Environment Art for Games"
- Jason Manley, Kevin Johnstone, Brett Briley - "Careers in Game Development Panel"