"Fest Anca" is a international animated film festival situated in train statiton which is turned into culture centre. Its purpose is to show contemporary, progressive animated films to commemorate the best of the genre's history. The long-term vision is to approximate well-known international festivals, filling an empty space in this field of art in Slovakia. An international competition for best animated film - to be selected by an expert panel - will be part of the festival. Accompanying events will include workshops, exhibitions and chats with filmmakers and producers. The summertime festival atmosphere will be supported by a tent city, nighttime screenings and live concerts."
Fest Anča Rules
1. DATES AND VENUEThe third edition of the International “Fest Anča” Animation Festival, established by the ANČA civic association, will be held on July 30 ~ August 1, 2010 at the Stanica Žilina-Záriečie cultural centre in Žilina, Slovakia.
2. INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIONAn international five-member jury — renowned professionals in the animation field — will grant 3 Anča awards to the best animations consisting of a trophy and cash prize. All awards will be announced at closing ceremony of festival on August 1, 2010. The decision of the juries is final.
3. AUDIENCE COMPETITIONFilms applied for a competition, which will be moved to a non-competitive section, might be considered for a shortlist nominated for „Audience prize of TV.SME.sk”, with a special cash-prize, in case of entrant’s approval. This special prize will be announced on August 1, 2010 too, after the closing of the voting by internet viewers of TV.SME.sk. Entrant gives a permission that film may be shown on the TV.SME.sk (without the possibility of downloading) during voting process and one year after the end of competition.
4. ADMISSION CONDITIONSOnly animated films not longer than 30 minutes and completed in 2008-2010 are accepted. Animations must not have been submitted to previous Fest Anča. Only films in DVD format will be accepted for pre-selection. Submission is free. Only authors or producers are legally authorized to enter the work in the festival. One author may submit multiple films (one DVD per film). Please note that we will accept only fully completed and signed application forms. The properly filled-in and signed entry form must be sent along with a DVD to the following address:
Fest AnčaKrížna 10811 07 BratislavaSlovakia
before April 10, 2010 (date of postmark).
5. PRE-SELECTIONCopies sent for competition will not be returned, and become part of the festival’s archive. The pre-selection committee may alter the category of submitted work. Participants will be informed of pre-selection results by June 15, 2010. Once submitted for the festival, films cannot be withdrawn. Films selected for competition will be screened from the DVD previously sent for pre-selection.
6. SUBTITLINGFilms containing dialogue must be subtitled in English. The author permits Fest Anča to arrange a copy of the film with Slovak subtitles or dubbing.
7. TRANSPORTTransport fees for film copies and all charges must be paid by filmmakers and will not be refunded.
8. INVITATIONThe organizers of Fest Anča offers full board accommodation to the director or producer representing the selected film during at festival. The traveling costs will be considered for each invited guest individually and will be allocated accordingly.
9. PROMOTIONThe entrant agrees that up to 3 minutes of the film may be used by the Fest Anča ‘10 in promotional activities on any media.
10. FEST ANČA ON TOURFest Anča is not ending with the last day of festival, but continuing with “Fest Anča Fičí” / “Fest Anča on Tour”, throughout which, all year long, ANČA civic association organizes the short film screenings in towns with no access to the short animations, as well as for promotional reasons at other festivals abroad. Submitting a short film to the festival implies entering this touring festival, where the selected short films will be screened for non-commercial purposes. All entrants will be informed about such a screenings. ANČA civic association would like to obtain a non-exclusive video license for award winning films, in case of preparing a compilation DVD “Best of Fest Anča 2010”, which might be used to make profit. Then the special agreement with the copyright owner will be followed, as well as in any case of commercial screening.