TRICKY WOMEN/TRICKY REALITES: International Animation Film Festival with a unique focus on animation by women*/trans/inter filmmakers, takes place in Vienna March 9 – 13, 2022.
Call for Entries for Tricky Women/Tricky Realities 2022
Animated films can be entered into the International Competition until 4 October 2021. The Tricky Women/Tricky Realities International Competition is a seismograph of independent filmmaking by women* worldwide. The next edition of the festival will take place from 9 to 13 March 2022.
We are proud to announce a new award: The Maria Lassnig Golden Film Reel for outstanding animation will be awarded for the very first time in 2022. Sponsored by the Maria Lassnig Foundation, it is worth 10,000 euros and will be awarded annually. An international expert jury will select the winner from the films shown in the International Competition of our festival.
Maria Lassnig (1919–2014) was one of the most important artists of our time. Her work as a painter and filmmaker defies classification. She was a pioneer of experimental animation and one of the first women in the German-speaking world to be appointed to a professorship in art. In 1982, she established the Studio for Experimental Animation at the University of Applied Arts Vienna, the first teaching studio for animated film in Austria.
We are looking forward to your entries in the following categories:
- International competition (animated shorts finished after January 1st, 2020)
- Work / Work Affairs (not limited to recent works), in cooperation with Arbeiterkammer Wien
- Feminism rocks! (not limited to recent works)
- Animated Feature Films (for our non-competitive section)
All Tricky Women/Tricky Realities awards:
- Maria Lassnig Golden Film Reel, worth 10,000 euros, sponsored by the Maria Lassnig Foundation
- Tricky Women/Tricky Realities Award, worth 4,000 euros, sponsored by VdFS (Verwertungsgesellschaft der Filmschaffenden)
- 3-month scholarship to live and work under the Artist-in-Residence program at Q21/MQ
- Grand Post Award, a post production voucher worth 2,000 euros, sponsored by The Grand Post – Audio & Picture Post Production
- Sabine & Nicolai Sawczynski Audience Award, worth 1,000 euros
- Up & Coming Tricky Women/Tricky Realities Award
- Up & Coming Audience Award
- Austrian Panorama Audience Award
You can submit your films at our festival platform: https://trickywomen.mama.media/entries/new
Or via shortfilmdepot: https://www.shortfilmdepot.com/en/home/festivals/details/id/53/festival/...
Please find more information about the Call here: https://trickywomen.at/en/submit-your-films-tricky-womentricky-realities...
We are looking forward to your films! And please spread the word for Tricky Women/Tricky Realities 2022.