Building on the knowledge and expertise of more than thirty years, the Banff World Media Festival is the world's premier forum for professionals working in content creation, distribution and broadcast in Television and Digital Media.
Taking place June 12-15, 2011, at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in the Canadian Rockies, BANFF attracts the most prestigious players in the international media marketplace. With its breathtaking, retreat-like setting and A-List attendees, BANFF provides a unique atmosphere combining unparalleled access, fantastic programming, and - to put it simply - an incredibly fun time.
The Festival features a comprehensive agenda, including in-depth programming across four intensive streams, as well as the Banff World Media Awards, a prestigious international awards competition recognizing the most innovative, exciting, and outstanding work in the industry. Conference streams include Non-Fiction, Kids & Animation, BANFF TV, and nextMEDIA, focusing on the latest trends in digital and interactive production. With sessions, panels, keynotes, master classes and interviews exploring the issues most strongly affecting the media industry, BANFF is designed to keep you on the cutting edge of both traditional and cross-platform content creation and programming.
2011 Conference Highlights:
- Feature Interviews with the writers, directors, and producers creatingthe most talked-about programming on TV and the Web.
- Keynotes from the top executives and thinkers from TV, DigitalMedia, Advertising, Music, Government and Publishing that bringinspiration and thought leadership to each BANFF stream.
- In-depth programming addressing the key questions and challenges facing thedifferent facets of the global media industry.
- The 2011 Banff World Media Awards, one of the world's mostprestigious international program competitions. The 2010 competitionattracted more than 800 entries from 30 countries around the world.
- A unique networking experience, combining both strategicfacilitated networking opportunities - including pre-booked one-on-onemeetings with Program Executives, Media Buyers, and Ad Agencies - with theexceptional open access and relaxed atmosphere created by the Festival'ssetting and feel.
- Specialty programs, including the CTVNational Fellowship, the ShawMedia Showrunners Training Program, GlobalWriters Apprentice Program, and the Banff International PilotsCompetition and Awards, offer practical, hands-on experience, taking yourskill set to the next level, and creating opportunities for thefrontrunners in the emerging media ecosystem.
Attendance at the 2011 conference is a sound investment in your company's future, whatever your niche in this dynamic new marketplace. With a special focus on business insight, development and information dissemination, this year's conference will put you at the forefront of your industry and connect you to the people and ideas that will grow your business.
The 2011 Banff Program Competition call for entries is open! The Banff World Television Awards (The Rockies) will be presented at the Banff World Television Festival, June 12 - 15, 2011. The Banff World Television Awards includes 23 genre-based categories and 6 interactive categories - a total of 29 distinct categories.
To enter the Banff Program Competition you need an account. Once your account is created, you can log in as necessary to revise your submission(s). In the case of multiple entries, you can share your user name and password with colleagues, so that others may also submit programs on behalf of the company. After a final review, all submissions may be paid for in a single transaction.
To review the information required to enter your production into the competition, please visit our sample form.
Submission Deadlines & Fees:
Early bird deadline for entries: January 28, 2011.