Have you written a script that embraces our common humanity? Do yourself and the world a favor! Enter it!
HUMANITAS is pleased to share the Call for Entries for the 45th Annual HUMANITAS Prize Awards.
The winners will be announced at the Awards on January 24, 2020 in Beverly Hills, California.
Submissions Open: September 1, 2019
Deadline: October 10, 2019
*Teleplay or film must air or be released between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019
*Episodes that air AFTER submission period are eligible for consideration
The winners receive both a trophy and a cash prize at our Annual HUMANITAS Prize Awards. Winners designate a non-profit that either supports causes reflected by the themes of the script or nurtures the next generation of storytellers to receive their prize money.
ELIGIBLE CATEGORIES (*New Category)
*Limited Series, TV Movie, or Special
Drama Feature Film
Family Feature Film
Comedy or Musical Feature Film
Independent Feature Film
● Writing credits must be redacted from the submitted script.
● $100 entry fee per submission. $50 entry fee for the Short Film category.
● No limit to the number of submissions.
● All entries will remain 100% confidential.
● Must be written in the English language. (If original script is written in a foreign language, English-translated version will be accepted.)
TELEPLAY, LIMITED SERIES, TV MOVIE & SPECIAL CATEGORIES
● Must have had a national release on Television (Broadcast, Cable, Internet, or Satellite).
● Children’s Teleplay entries may be animated or live action.
FEATURE FILM CATEGORIES
● Must have had a U.S. theatrical release.
● Independent Feature films must have had a national or international festival release.
SHORT FILM CATEGORY
● Must have had an air date, theatrical release, nontheatrical release, or festival release. (Nontheatrical release defined as: having aired on broadcast, cable, internet or satellite as part of a short film series, showcase or collection.)
● Run time of 40 minutes or less including credits.
● May be animated or live action.
● Documentary entrants must submit digital content through web-based award judging portal.
● Must have had an air date, theatrical release, or festival release.
For over four decades, the HUMANITAS Prize has empowered writers to tell stories which are both entertaining and uplifting. HUMANITAS encourages writers who create contemporary media to use their immense power to:
● Encourage viewers to truly explore what it means to be a human being.
● Challenge viewers to take charge of their lives and use their freedom in a responsible way.
● Motivate viewers to reach out in respect and compassion to all their brothers and sisters in the human family.
“HUMANITAS exists to recognize, encourage and empower writers who teach us how to embrace our common humanity by way of their unique and powerful voices. These storytellers help us to consider our place in the world and examine our own moral compasses. In this day and age, now more than ever, it is a noble mission.” —Cathleen Young, HUMANITAS Executive Director
Submissions will be accepted on our website - www.humanitasprize.org - starting September 1, 2019.
A FEW THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CREATIVITYPrevious Post
WHAT’S THE BEST SCREENWRITING SOFTWARE?