SAR Residency, a new CGI animation Residency in the South of France near by Arles City, for developing short films on sustainability issues
The Sustainability Animation Residency - SAR is launching its first inaugural open call for submissions.
During the six week residency, the winner and chosen director will be able to develop a short film project tackling environmental topics in Computer Generated Image, CGI.
SAR’s objective is to award one of the competing proposals for a ‘Sustainable Short’ touching on any aspect of the environment such as climate change, endangered oceans, resource scarcity, future of food and agriculture, future cities, energy supply, mobility, species diversity, waste management, pollution, health, sustainable fashion and any other suitable topics.
The director will have the opportunity to engage in weekly meetings with animation professionals of the region and will also be invited to present this project at the Annecy Film Festival to secure financial and professional partners with the aim to get the film produced. The SAR Residency covers travel, local transport, accommodation, a Per Diem, as well as a celebratory evening to present the project.
Applicants must be a graduate of a higher education art, film, or animation school and therefore qualify as a director or creative professional.
The Sustainability Animation Residency – SAR was set up in cooperation between Schliemann Residency Provence and MIYU Distribution with the help of Do Not Disturb to help amplify the urgency of environmental action with the powerful tools of animation. Situated near Arles, SAR seeks to tap into the unique pool of a world-class animation industry based in and around Arles, and to support their talents in a global context. SAR is currently finalising the Jury members for the ProJury which will be announced on the 15th of December.
· 24th November - 10th January 2021: Submissions
· 22nd of January 2021: SAR Shortlist announcement
· 15th of February 2021: SAR Winner will be announced
· 22nd of May -3rd of July 2021: SAR Residency, St. Remy de Provence
· 14 - 19th of June 2021: Presence at Annecy Festival
· 2nd July 2021: Presentation of the project at SAR Residence
To apply you need:
· A motivation letter about why SAR is important for your project.
· A synopsis or treatment of your mandatory 3D project, containing a written
· description of the project, supported by graphics and sketches.
· The topic of sustainability: intentions, purpose, and possible impact of the project in an environmental context.
· A mood board and soundscape including musical cues, and ideally some technical notes.
· Your Curriculum Vitae
· Your Showreel and previous works, including student works.
For more information please visit the SAR website: http://sar-residency.org/
Contact : Luce Grosjean - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/sar.residency/