Animated films completed after 01 October 2019 can be submitted to the main competitions of ITFS2021. The closing date for entries is December 01, 2020!
Dear filmmakers, producers and distributors, and friends of the Stuttgart Festival of Animated Film!
The closing date for entries is approaching! Animated films completed after 01 October 2019 can be submitted to the main competitions of ITFS2021. The closing date for entries is December 01, 2020!
The 28th International Festival of Animated Film Stuttgart (ITFS) will take place from 04 to 09 May 2021. It is one of the most important events for animated film worldwide.
Films can be submitted for the following competition categories:
- International Competition – International Short Film Competition
- Young Animation – International Student Film Competition
- Tricks for Kids – International competition for animated short films for children
- Trickstar Nature Award – Competition for animated short films that deal with the issues of climate protection, biodiversity, environment and sustainability in a critical, informative and also entertaining and humorous way.
- AniMovie – International Feature Film Competition
The submission deadline is 01 December 2020.
Please read carefully the festival regulations before submitting your film to ITFS 2021. You can submit your film through our submission platform: https://itfs.picturepipe.net/.
For further information: www.itfs.de/call-for-entries/
The ITFS offers filmmakers, directors, production and distribution companies a professional platform to present their films to an interested broad audience as well as to industry representatives.
On six days, animated film fans of all ages have the opportunity to watch and experience animated short and long films, series and games as well as VR and AR projects. The festival will show
the full spectrum of current animated film production with its intersections to visual effects, architecture, art, design, music and games. The festival focuses on artistic animated film, innovative
interactive and transmedia projects and the promotion of young talents. Prize money of a total of almost 70,000 € is awarded in the various competitions.
Call for entries at a later date: (Call for entries December 2020, and closing date February 01, 2021)
- Trickstar Business Award – Prize for innovative business models in the animation field (call for entries November 2020 / closing date March 01, 2021)
- German Animation Screenplay Award – Award for the best screenplay for a German animated feature-length film (Call for submissions November 2020 / Closing date February 01, 2021)
- Animated Games Award Germany – Award for an animation-based computer game with the best visual design and aesthetics from Germany
The next call for submissions for the following competition will be published for ITFS 2022.
- Crazy Horse Session – 48H Animation Jam – International teams face the challenge to create an animated short film about the festival mascot Trixi in 48 hours. The Crazy Horse Session takes place in cooperation with M.A.R.K.13 electronic media and is supported by MFG Filmförderungen Baden-Württemberg and the Landesanstalt für Kommunikation Baden-Württemberg.
The teams selected for ITFS 2020 will be invited to ITFS 2021.
Kind regards and stay healthy,
Prof. Ulrich Wegenast, Artistic Managing Director
& Dieter Krauß, Commercial Managing Director