Have you written a script that embraces our common humanity? Well, don't just sit there! Enter it! Deadline: October 15, 2018
HUMANITAS is pleased to announce a Call for Entries for the 44th annual HUMANITAS Prize Awards. The winners will be announced at the HUMANITAS Prize Awards held in February 2019 in Beverly Hills, California.
Submissions open: September 1, 2018
Deadline: October 15, 2018
*Teleplay or film must air or be released between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
*Episodes that air AFTER submission period are eligible for consideration and will be kept confidential.
The winners receive both a trophy and a cash prize at our annual HUMANITAS Prize Awards. Winners designate a nonprofit engaged in nurturing the next generation of storytellers to receive their prize money. Past beneficiaries have included Young Storytellers, The Writers Guild Foundation, Rosie’s Theatre Kids, Film2Future, ARC, The Remix Project, P.S. Arts, IDA, Reporter’s Committee for Freedom of the Press, Sundance Institute, Inside Out Writers, We for She and The Heidelberg Project.
Comedy Feature Film
Drama Feature Film
Family Feature Film
Independent Feature Film
Children’s Teleplay (animated or live action)
● Teleplay or film must air or be released between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
● Teleplay or film must be written and produced in the English language.
● Teleplay must have had a national release on Television (Broadcast, Cable, Internet and Satellite).
● Feature films must have had a U.S. theatrical release.
● Independent Feature films must have had a festival release.
● Documentary entrants must submit digital content through web-based award judging portal.
● Credits must be redacted from script.
● $100 entry fee per submission.
● No limit to the number of submissions.
For over four decades, the HUMANITAS Prize has empowered writers to tell stories which are both entertaining and uplifting. HUMANITAS encourages writers who create contemporary media to use their immense power to:
● Encourage viewers to truly explore what it means to be a human being.
● Challenge viewers to take charge of their lives and use their freedom in a responsible way.
● Motivate viewers to reach out in respect and compassion to all their brothers and sisters in the human family.
“HUMANITAS exists to recognize, encourage and empower writers who teach us how to embrace our` common humanity by way of their unique and powerful voices. These storytellers help us to consider our place in the world, and examine our own moral compasses. In this day and age, now more than ever, it is a noble mission.”
—Cathleen Young, HUMANITAS Executive Director
Submissions will be accepted on our website www.humanitasprize.org starting September 1, 2018.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 310-454-8769.