ATTENTION WRITERS! WIN $10,000 OR MORE! Call for Entries opens September 1, 2017. Read on...
As an animation writer, past winner of the Humanitas Prize, and Trustee of the Humanitas Prize Children's Committee, I am particularly interested in raising the quality of scripts in the Children's Animation Category. We've all heard the cliche, "Children are our future." But far too few animation writers bother to improve our children's future by writing scripts that give them the ideas and insights to do so. Now's your chance!
HUMANITAS is pleased to announce a Call for Entries for the 43rd annual HUMANITAS Prize Awards. The winners
will be announced at the HUMANITAS Prize Awards held in February 2018.
Submissions open: September 1, 2017
Deadline: September 30, 2017
*Teleplay or film must be aired or released between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
*Episodes that air AFTER submission period are eligible for consideration and will be kept confidential.
The winners receive both a trophy and a cash prize at our annual HUMANITAS Awards Ceremony, which will be
held in February 2018. The total annual amount of the awards is $70,000 and is divided among the following
Feature Film Screenplay
Sundance Feature Film Screenplay
Children's Live Action
● Teleplay or film must be aired or released between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
● $100 entry fee per submission.
● No limit to the number of submissions.
● Credits must be redacted from script.
● Teleplay must be written and produced in the English language for U.S. Television (Broadcast, Cable, Internet
● Teleplay must have had a national release on Television (Broadcast, Cable, Internet and Satellite).
● Feature film screenplay becomes eligible in the year in which it receives a U.S. theatrical release.
● Documentary entrants must submit digital content through web-based award judging portal.
For over four decades, the HUMANITAS Prize has empowered writers with financial support and recognition to tell
stories which are both entertaining and uplifting. HUMANITAS encourages writers who create contemporary media
to use their immense power to:
● Encourage viewers to truly explore what it means to be a human being.
● Challenge viewers to take charge of their lives and use their freedom in a responsible way.
● Motivate viewers to reach out in respect and compassion to all their brothers and sisters in the human family.
“HUMANITAS exists to recognize, encourage and empower writers who teach us how to embrace our common
humanity by way of their unique and powerful voices. These storytellers help us to consider our place in the world,
and examine our own moral compasses. In this day and age, now more than ever, it is a noble mission.”
--Cathleen Young, HUMANITAS Executive Director
Submissions will be accepted on the Humanitas website starting September 1, 2017.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 310-454-8769.
SOME THOUGHTS ON VIRTUAL REALITY (VR) STORYTELLINGPrevious Post
SCREENWRITING JOB WEBSITES