‘New Approach to Fashion Design with Adobe Substance 3D and NVIDIA Omniverse,’ being presented March 23, will showcase new tools that make it easier than ever to create and modify fabrics.
NVIDIA’s GPU Technology Conference – four days of discovery dedicated to subjects ranging from the power of AI to the collaborative virtual worlds of NVIDIA Omniverse – will take place March 21-24. The conference provides a unique opportunity to connect with experts, network with peers, and discover the technological advancements and groundbreaking research that are making it possible to take on the world’s greatest challenges.
Among the cornucopia of presentations, workshops, and special programs comprising GTC, “A New Approach to Fashion Design with Adobe Substance 3D and NVIDIA Omniverse” will offer participants an in-depth look at how two new releases make it easier than ever to work with digital fabrics. Presented by Senior 3D Artist Rob Bryant, Jr. and Adobe’s Director of Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships Pierre Maheut, the hands-on session will explore new release Substance 3D Material Extension, which is designed to enhance creator workflows, especially when it comes to exploring and iterating on materials, and texturing 3D assets.
In the session, participants will learn how these new tools can enhance creator workflows, especially when it comes to exploring and iterating on materials, and texturing 3D assets. This will include a hands-on demo by Rob, who will show his material creation and visualization process in the context of fashion design, introduced by Pierre, who will showcase Substance 3D’s approach to the topic as well as Adobe’s collaboration with NVIDIA.
Listen as Rob shares what’s coming March 23:
While the Adobe Substance 3D technology has previously been a leading solution for the gaming industry, the new tools provide enhanced design capabilities for artists collaborating across film and animation, Design, Fashion and Architecture. transportation, and architecture.
From scanning the proper lighting and importation of real-world fabrics, to creating tileable textures, eliminating seams, and adding details such as wrinkles and weathering, Adobe Substance3D’s new tools, in combination with NVIDIA’s Omniverse real-time 3D design collaboration and simulation platform, available free for RTX creatorsnow available free to millions of NVIDIA GeForce Studio creators with RTX GPUs, makes the creation and manipulation of an infinite variety of fabrics highly efficient and thoroughly intuitive. In a collaborative, real-time rendered environment.
Moreover, the Adobe System Substance 3D assets library now combines 3D materials, 3D models and 3D lighting environments, and can handle up to 13,000 assets. With a wide range of ready-to-use methods to help create your assets, the system is a great way to prototype new material ideas.
Adobe Substance 3D facilitates the move from traditional, physical materials prototyping to virtual prototyping. Designers can not only move away from historically time, resource, and energy consuming efforts, but move towards unlimited variations and updates in their work, iterating in hours on what previously took days.
The new tools provide design teams with enhanced functionality:
- Decision Making and Collaboration: helping with style reviews and promoting brand management
- Sustainability and Efficiency: reducing lead times, costs, and physical product waste
- Creativity: enabling design flexibility and focus rather than attention on physical process
- Since Substance 3D materials are both photorealistic and procedural, with one file, you can pre-save endless variations
Adobe Substance 3D Sampler - Converting Physical Sample to Virtual
- Digitize and enrich your physical samples - transform real-life pictures into photorealistic 3D materials
- Combine multiple materials and parametric filters to create more advanced surfaces
- You can work with virtual materials of any size
- You can open Adobe Illustrator directly from Adobe Substance 3D Sampler, modify your sources, and immediately see the impact on your 3D materials.
- Interoperable with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Adobe Substance 3D Assets
- 13,000+ assets available, including 3D models, 3D materials, and 3D lighting environments
- Apparel and footwear collections, including woven and knitted textiles, printed patterns, decals, parametric leathers, and more
- Modifiable parameters means infinite variations
Adobe Substance 3D Connections to Omniverse
- New tools integrate Substance 3D material authoring tools with Omniverse platform
- SBSAR materials format direct edit support in Omniverse
- Import textures from Substance 3D Asset Library and apply to models in OV Create
- Power of procedural textures – adjust values of the material and see it update in real-time
In addition, the new releases make it simple to leverage the ecosystem of Adobe creative cloud tools, such as Illustrator and Photoshop. You can open Adobe Illustrator directly from Adobe Substance 3D Sampler, modify your sources, and immediately see the impact on your 3D materials. It’s also simple to go back and forth between the 2D and 3D design in order to achieve your goals. Everything is incredibly smooth and streamlined, ensuring that you can iterate with optimal speed and creativity.
NVIDIA’s GPU Technology Conference takes place March 21–24. “A New Approach to Fashion Design with Adobe Substance 3D and NVIDIA Omniverse” will be presented Wednesday, March 23, 11:00 AM - 11:50 AM PDT. Visit the GTC website to register for the conference and sign up for the workshop.
Dan Sarto is Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Animation World Network.