Due to the terrorist attacks suffered by the United States on September 11, 2001, the 53rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards presentation has been rescheduled for Sunday, October 7, 2001. However, the Emmys for animation and visual effects have already been awarded on September 8, 2001 as previously published here. The winners for individual achievement in animation were Rodney Clouden for FUTURAMA; Curt Enderle and Brad Schiff for GARY & MIKE; and Kyle Menke for INVADER ZIM. The winners in the voiceover performance category were Hank Azaria in THE SIMPSONS and Ja' Net DuBois in THE PJS.
Geographical Region: North America
Silver Lake Film Festival featuring Saturday Morning Cartoons: Sunday, September 16 - Sunday, September 23, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA
Women in Animation SF/Bay Area Resurrection Meeting: Tuesday, September 25, 2001, San Francisco, California USA
This week's updates to the Calendar of Events include: Silver Lake Film Festival featuring Saturday Morning Cartoons: Sunday, September 16 - Sunday, September 23, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA; Women in Animation SF/Bay Area Resurrection Meeting: Tuesday, September 25, 2001, San Francisco, California USA; Future Animators Of The Future 2nd Annual Animation And Video Festival: Friday, November 02 - Friday, November 16, 2001, Boston, San Francisco and New York USA.
Digital production company noisemedia has been contracted to produce an animated version of a broadcast commercial for Canada's largest beer maker, Molson. The "I Am Canadian" campaign will be syndicated across noisemedia's affiliated Web networks and will coincide with Molson's current broadcast advertising campaign. The company will produce a 30-second and a 10-second spot featuring an original cast of animated characters created by noisemedia's animation division.
THQ Inc. has shipped its BOB THE BUILDER line of video games for PC and Game Boy Color. The games, based on the Nick Jr. animated show BOB THE BUILDER, which features stories focusing on teamwork and problem-solving themes appealing to the 2- to 6-year-old audience, are now available in the U.S. and Canada. BOB THE BUILDER: CAN WE FIX IT? for PC features varied difficulty settings for kids 3 and up to engage them in more than eight activities including Hedgehog Rescue, Travis' Race Day, Can We Build It? and Wendy's Birthday. In BOB THE BUILDER: FIX IT FUN!
Rick Krause has joined BOXX Technologies as president and chief executive officer, replacing former president and CEO Todd Bryant who has assumed the responsibility of chief technology officer. Krause brings with him more than 25 years experience in high technology business development and company team building.
This week's updates to the Calendar of Events include: Matita Animated Film Festival: Thursday, September 27 - Sunday, September 30, 2001, Guardiagrele, Abruzzo Italy; 2nd Golden Bit, International Competition of 3D Virtual Images: Sunday, October 07, 2001, Cascina, Italy USA; The Toronto Digital Image Festival: Tuesday, October 23 - Thursday, October 25, 2001, Toronto, Ontario Canada; Les Rencontres 10/10 De Cinéma d'Animation: Thursday, February 28 - Monday, March 04, 2002, St Quay Portrieux, Cotes d'armor, Brittany France; and West Coast Student Film Festival: Friday, April 05 - Tues
* Tuesday, October 23 - Thursday, October 25, 2001. Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Entry Deadline: Friday, September 14, 2001
* The Art Of Animation Museum Display: Friday, August 17 - Saturday, October 13, 2001, St. George, Utah USA.
* Reg Hartt Presents: The Sex And Violence Cartoon Festival: Monday, September 10, 2001, Toronto, Ontario Canada.
* New York Animation Festival: Friday, September 14 - Thursday, September 20, 2001, New York City, New York USA.
* Don Bluth's ToonUp Animation Seminar: Saturday, October 27 - Sunday, October 28, 2001, San Francisco, California USA.Entry Deadline: Saturday, October 27, 2001
* Kids & Teens Interactive: Monday, October 29 - Tuesday, October 30, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA.
* Telluride IndieFest: Thursday, December 06 - Sunday, December 09, 2001, Telluride, Colorado USA.
Entry Deadline: Saturday, September 01, 2001
* Advertising Effectiveness: Thursday, December 13 - Friday, December 14, 2001, Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Warner Home Video and PBS KIDS Home Video are about to release the first two CAILLOU titles in the U.S. In CAILLOU'S FURRY FRIENDS, Caillou takes his cat Gilbert to the vet, receives some help from the fire department to get Gilbert out of a tree, brings home a stray puppy and befriends a seeing-eye dog. In CAILLOU THE EXPLORER, Caillou heads out to sea with Grandpa, rides the train, visits the farm and learns to use chopsticks with his friend Sarah. The Cinar-produced series has already sold more than 1.2 million videos in Canada since its launch in 1998.
* Animation Workout With Guest Director Cynthia McLean: Tuesday, October 16, 2001, Burbank, California USA.
This week's updates to the Calendar of Events include: Cartoon Network Online Animation Awards: Wednesday, August 01 - Friday, September 21, 2001, London, UK; The Don And Bill Show: Slightly Bent: Friday, August 31 - Sunday, September 02, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA; Advertising & Promoting To Kids: Monday, September 10 - Tuesday, September 11, 2001, New York, New York USA; Maximixing Media: Thursday, September 20 - Friday, September 21, 2001, Toronto, Ontario Canada; Festival du Cinéma International en Abitibi-Témiscamingue: Saturday, October 27 - Thursday, November 01, 20
* Women In Animation's Writers' Seminar Series: Thursday, October 11, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA.
* Festival du Cinéma International en Abitibi-Témiscamingue: Saturday, October 27 - Thursday, November 01, 2001, Rouyn-Noranda, Québec Canada.Entry Deadline: Saturday, September 01, 2001
The Festival du cinéma international en Abitibi-Témiscamingue is an international event presenting world's and north American's premieres. The six-day event features over 80 films from about 20 countries - shorts, features and animation films. There is no entry fee. Submitted films must be produced in 16 or 35 mm format.