On the heels of its inaugural Leeds event last week, the UK CGI Festival has updated its London lineup of speakers scheduled for Dec. 7-8, 2004, at the Business Design Centre. Steve Goldberg, digital supervisor, Walt Disney Feature Animation, will keynote a presentation on CHICKEN LITTLE on Dec. 7 comprising the studios transformation from 2D to 3D.
Other additions include presentations on Gelato by NVIDIAs Dan Wexler; Natural Motions Torsten Reil on Dynamic Motion Synthesis; Dylan Sisson on RenderMan Pro Server 12.0; Graham Andrew of Lola Post on Tracking Difficult Shots; and Massives Stephen Regelous on Intelligent Crowds.
The London Show will also include:
* A keynote masterclass on SHARK TALE
by Mark Wendell, effects supervisor, DreamWorks
* A presentation on producing VALIANT by Tom Jacomb, producer, Vanguard Animation
* A presentation on creating a mythical frozen world for KING ARTHUR
by Matt Johnson, Cinesite
* A keynote masterclass on HALF-LIFE 2 by a Softimage rep
* A masterclass on LightWave 8 for the 3D development and DFX + 4 and Photoshop for compositing a Dragonfly in flight by Ben Smith, director, Red Star Studios
* A games masterclass on THE MEDAL OF HONOR pipeline by Scott Easley, lead animator, Electronic Arts
* A Showreel Surgery presentation by Shelley Page, DreamWorks, showing how to fine tune your showreels
* A keynote masterclass on digital armies for the making of crowd scenes in TROY (utilizing the proprietary ALICE software) by Gary Bronzenich, CG supervisor with Moving Picture Co.
* A keynote masterclass on THE INCREDIBLES
by Pixar reps
* A keynote masterclass on HALF-LIFE 2 by James Rogers
* An Eye Candy session by Shelley Page, DreamWorks
* A keynote masterclass on artificial intelligence for crowd animation (using Playstation MOUNTAIN) by Jordi Bares, The Mill
* A keynote presentation on how to launch 1,000 ships in TROY by Andrew Chapman, Framestore CFC
* A presentation on virtual history creating exact replicas of the faces of actual historical figures in CG from THE SECRET PLOT TO KILL HITLER by Jim Radford, creative head of 3D, Moving Picture Co.
* A Vfx Quiz
For more information, visit www.cgifestival.com