With SPIDER-MAN 2 coming to theaters June 30, 2004, Columbia TriStar Home Ent. is naturally plugging Spidey on DVD as well, reissuing SPIDER-MAN
in a three-disc deluxe edition ($24.95) with a few new extras aimed at promoting the sequel, along with a superior quality SPIDER-MAN Superbit disc ($26.96).
While the first two discs in the deluxe edition are the same as the previous SPIDER-MAN collection, disc three includes the following:
Costume design featurette
* Designing the World of SPIDER-MAN featurette
* Spider-Wrangler featurette
* Wrestling match featurette
* World Unity Festival featurette
* Oscorp Lab featurette
* Goblin's Arsenal featurette
* "An Exclusive Sneak Peek at SPIDER-MAN 2" featurette
* SPIDER-MAN 2 theatrical teaser trailer
* Activision's SPIDER-MAN 2 PlayStation 2 game teaser trailer
* DVD-ROM: SPIDER-MAN 2 Activision PC game: play multiple levels from the upcoming game
In addition, Columbia TriStar Home Ent. is releasing a series of discs showcasing SPIDER-MAN THE NEW ANIMATED SERIES, including THE MUTANT MENACE, HIGH VOLTAGE VILLAINS and THE ULTIMATE FACE OFF (priced at $14.95).