files/pictures/picture-35.jpgSPEC's Graphics Performance Characterization (SPEC/GPC) group has launched a new program that gives non-members of the organization access to its benchmarking review and publication processes. SPEC/GPC's SPECviewperf and SPECapc application-based benchmarks are considered worldwide standards for objective performance measurement. SPECviewperf offers direct performance comparisons of graphics hardware running datasets from popular CAD/CAM, digital content creation and visualization applications. SPECapc benchmarks measure total performance -- graphics, I/O and CPU -- for graphics-intensive applications.
"SPEC/GPC believes the user community benefits from a wide range of objective performance results," said Steve Donley, SPEC/GPC chair. "To that end we are making it easier for organizations to utilize our review process to ensure credible, repeatable results that can be trusted by those evaluating performance."
SPECviewperf and SPECapc results approved under the SPEC/GPC review process will be posted on the GPC News Website, which receives approximately 15 million visitors annually. The new program offers the following plans for non-members:
* Season Ticket - Publication of unlimited approved submissions for either SPECviewperf or SPECapc for one year for $6,000.
* Ultimate Season Ticket - Expands the season plan to provide an unlimited number of approved annual submissions for both SPECviewperf and SPECapc benchmarks for $10,000.
* Select Season Ticket - Publication of 16 approved submissions (submission defined as one configuration running either the SPECviewperf suite or one SPECapc benchmark) over the course of the year for $2,500. Submissions will stay posted on the Website for six months.
* Limited Season Ticket - Publication of eight approved submissions over the course of the year for $1,500. Submissions will stay posted on the Website for six months.
* Single Ticket - Publication of a single approved submission for $250. The submission will stay posted on the GPC News Website for three months.
SPEC/GPC is part of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corp. (SPEC), a non-profit corporation formed to establish, maintain and endorse a standardized set of relevant benchmarks that can be applied to the newest generation of high-performance computers. For more information, contact SPEC at: tel: 540-349-7878; fax: 540-349-5992; or e-mail: email@example.com