RE:Vision Effects has released ReelSmart Motion Blur (RSMB) for SOFTIMAGE|XSI. RSMB automatically tracks every pixel in a sequence and blurs based on calculated motion. RSMB is fully integrated with the 3D scene, so it also works from Motion Vectors generated by shaders and user-supplied points (such as tracker positions). RSMB also gives XSI artists extremely fast, intelligent 2D motion blur for 3D renders, dramatically speeding up the rendering pipeline.
RSMB supports 8 and 16 bits-per-channel and floating-point processing and takes full advantage of multiprocessor machines.
* Works in the FXTree in SOFTIMAGE|XSI v4 and v4.2.
* Cheaper render-only licenses for render farms. Render-only licenses can be used with xsibatch if you saved your project on a machine with a full RSMB license.
* Support of alternate inputs allowing you to motion blur a sequence with the tracked motion of another sequence for interesting effects.
* Animatable motion blur amount, including the ability to remove motion blur.
* Ability to use 3D points from your scene to guide the tracking; either to enhance the motion estimation or as a mean to create without any image tracking at all.
* Includes RE:Vision new motion estimation foundation as seen in Twixtor 4.5.
* Completely compatible with La Maison Motion Vectors Toolkit.
ReelSmart Motion Blur for SOFTIMAGE|XSI is priced at $189.95.
San Francisco-based RE: Vision Effects (www.revisionfx.com
) specializes in technologies involving animation, tracking motion, non-photorealistic rendering and image processing.