, The Academy for Digital Arts & Sciences, will be holding a two-day open house scheduled for July 20 and 21, 2004. Technology presentations will focus on game development and design/visualization applications.
Oregon3D's Game Development Day: July 20, 3:00 to 7:00 pm
Presenters from Turbo Squid, RTzen, Right Hemisphere and other guest speakers will explore the tools and techniques used to create today's top-selling videogames.
* Turbo Squid's Sonny Averette will demonstrate the company's latest tools Clothfx and Hairfx, as well as AfterBurn.
* Jeremy Hubbell, president and CEO of RTzen, Inc., will demonstrate RT/shader, the first-ever real-time shader creation tool for artists.
* Right Hemisphere will demonstrate interactive 3D painting and texturing with its industry standard tool, Deep Paint 3D. Food, beverages and videogames will follow the presentations.
Oregon3D's Design/Visualization Day: July 21, 4:00 - 7:00 pm
Attendees will learn how to take their projects to the next level with Design/Visualization in 3ds max.
* Scott Ryan and Mike Janov from Discreet will demonstrate the power and efficiency of 3ds max as a design and visualization tool. They will focus on:
* creating powerful and realistic renderings using mental ray
* incorporating physically-based lighting
* developing accurate terrains and city representations using GIS data
* generating a file link with other Autodesk applications
* Sonny Averette will demonstrate a selection of Turbo Squid's powerful rendering technologies for 3ds max including rtre, a realtime renderer for interactive visualization, as well as final Render Stage-1, a next-generation raytracing and global illumination rendering system.
Oregon3D's Open House is open to the public at no charge and will take place at Oregon3D's training facility located at 725 SW 20th Place, Portland, Oregon. Space is limited, so people are asked to RSVP by calling Oregon3D at (503) 626-9000.
Oregon3D provides short-term intensive courses during day, evening and weekend hours in computer graphics for 3D animation, game development, industrial design, medical visualization and urban simulation. For class registration, tours or additional information, visit www.oregon3d.com
or call (503) 626-9000.