NewTek Inc. announced the release of the free 8.3 update to Emmy award-winning LightWave 3D, and a new breakthrough LightWave  upgrade price of $250 for registered owners of previous LightWave versions, available through June 30, 2005. Version 8.3 offers full support of the new generation multi-core processor systems, enhanced vector blur routines and improved integration with other production tools via updated PSD support. Also included are a new gradient option for HyperVoxels (LightWaves volumetric rendering system), improved text tools for Modeler and new features and functions in the Scene Editor and Dope Track. The release is available now to registered owners of LightWave  as a free download.
"We're pleased to bring the new features and enhancements of version 8.3 to our users," said Jay Roth, president of NewTek's 3D graphics division. "We're committed to regularly providing enhanced value to our LightWave customers, and are unique among professional 3D applications in doing so, as this fourth free update for LightWave  demonstrates. Version 8.3 is the first in a series of updates to further enhance interoperability via changes to our PSD and EPSF exporters, and also includes optimized performance on the new multi-core processor systems, to give LightWave users significant speed and processing advantages."
LightWave 3D version 8.3 includes:
* Multi-core processor support
* Improved Vector Blur routines and documentation detailing how to get the best result from these new capabilities
* PSD Import/Export revised to include a variety of new options, filters and controls, as well as enhanced processing of LightWave's internal buffers for better compatibility on export
* EPS Importer updated to support Import options for EPS files up to Illustrator CS and AI files up to version 8
* New "Relative Particle Age" gradient option for HyperVoxels
* New "Blending" surface-tension control for HyperVoxels allows users to keep surface HyperVoxels from connecting when in close proximity
* HyperVoxels now work in combination with fog
* HyperVoxels refraction now works in combination with dissolve and fog
* Point limit per polygon increased from 1,024 to 16,383.
* New "Text Layers" tool for creating text with a variety of controls and options
* Enhanced Documentation for LightWave's Object Properties Edge Tab functions
The LightWave version 8.3 update is available for free download to registered LightWave  owners at www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/downloads/updates/lw83/index.html
. LightWave 3D Electronic Full is available for $1,595 from May 11 through June 30, 2005.
With headquarters in San Antonio, Texas, NewTek (www.newtek.com
) is a leading provider of full-featured video editing, live production, presentation, animation and visual effects tools, including LightWave 3D, TriCaster and VT.