announced the LightWave  Training Edition, a special offer that provides more than $400 in training materials free to new LightWave 3D purchasers. By special arrangement with the publishers New Riders, Wordware Publishing and Kurv Studios, purchasers of new licenses of LightWave will be able to receive six books, four training videos and the DVD KAZE: GHOST WARRIOR, which includes extensive extras on how the independent CGI film was produced.
"We're very excited to bring the best in LightWave training to our new users," said Donetta Colboch, vp of 3D marketing for NewTek. "We design LightWave 3D for powerful performance with a fast, easy workflow, and with these free training materials new users can make their investment in the most complete and affordable professional 3D solution productive and profitable in record time."
The LightWave  Training Edition training materials include the following books:
* INSIDE LIGHTWAVE  - Dan Ablan
* LIGHTWAVE  KILLER TIPS - Dan Ablan & Randy Sharp
* LIGHTWAVE 3D  1001 TIPS & TRICKS - With Contributions from 31 Professional Digital Artists
* LIGHTWAVE 3D  TEXTURING - Leigh van der Byl
* LIGHTWAVE 3D  LIGHTING - Nicholas Boughen
* CGI FILMMAKING: THE CREATION OF GHOST WARRIOR - Timothy Albee
The following videos round out the selection of training materials:
* DIGITAL CAR SERIES, VEHICLE MODELING - VOLUME 1 - Gerald Abraham
* DIGITAL CAR SERIES, VEHICLE MODELING - VOLUME 2 - Gerald Abraham
* LIGHTWAVE 3D  - BONE TOOLS - Larry Shultz
* LIGHTWAVE 3D  IK BOOSTER - Larry Shultz
* KAZE: GHOST WARRIOR (DVD with extensive extras on production) - Timothy Albee
"Nothing leverages the power of the individual artist like LightWave 3D, and these training materials can quickly put the new user in command of LightWave and help them to immediately begin bringing their visions to life," said Rob Powers of Ignite Digital.
LightWave  Training Edition Special with Electronic Manual is available now at authorized NewTek resellers worldwide for a suggested retail price of $1,595. The LightWave  Training Edition Special includes three coupons for $400 in free training materials. Purchasers receive the training materials by redeeming the coupons directly with the publishers. Registered owners of LightWave 3D [7.5] or earlier are eligible to purchase an upgrade to LightWave  for $495. To locate the nearest authorized reseller or distributor, see the reseller locater at www.newtek.com/dealers
With headquarters in San Antonio, Texas, NewTek (www.newtek.com
) is a leading provider of full-featured video editing, animation and special effects tools, including VT, and LightWave 3D, winner of the 2003 Primetime Emmy Engineering Award. NewTek launched the desktop video revolution in 1990 with the release of the legendary Video Toaster. Recent film projects using NewTek software include I, ROBOT, SPIDER-MAN 2, THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, EXORCIST: THE BEGINNING, GARFIELD, HELLBOY, VAN HELSING and THE TRIPLETS OF BELLEVILLE.