files/pictures/picture-35.jpgUniversal Home Video has announced that the October 28, 2003 DVD release of THE HULK
will feature the Xbox demo version of THE HULK game. The DVD will contain one playable level.
The film follows the origin of The Hulk when gammarays transform scientist Bruce Banner into the raging green beast. With visual effects by Industrial Light & Magic and directed by Ang Lee (CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON), the film stars Eric Bana, Jennifer Connelly, Sam Elliott, Josh Lucas and Nick Nolte.
The game follows the plight of troubled Banner and his alter ego, Hulk, as they battle against the forces of the Leader, a villain intent on using the Hulk's gamma energy to unleash a relentless army of gamma creatures on the world. Players can master two types of gameplay as either Bruce Banner or The Hulk as they battle lead characters from the film, the Marvel Comics Universe or new ones created specifically for the game.
Special Features include:
* The Making of The Hulk - A featurette containing interviews with cast and crew and a behind-the-scenes look at the stunt work in the film.
* Enhanced Viewing - Viewers can access immediate information about select scenes to enliven their viewing experience as they view the film. A split-screen effect allows viewers to learn about 3D technology allows 360 degree still images of each scene where the Hulk appears
* Anatomy of the Hulk -. ILM developed this exclusive feature in which a 3D Hulk model can be manipulated through the viewer's remote control. By clicking on various body parts, viewers can watch mini-featurettes of scenes containing footage and production stills that compare the Hulk's powers to an ordinary man.
* Hulkification- A fascinating look at different artistic conceptions of the Hulk created by diverse illustrators representing the Marvel Comics, manga and European styles of animation rendering the same scene from the film in comic book form while matched with footage from the film.
* Other features include: storyboards showing side-by-side comparisons with scenes from the film; a Digital Incarnations feature revealing the visual process of director Ang Lee, including Ang acting out stunts in a motion-capture suit and reviewing storyboards with artists; the remarkable Dog Fight feature showing how the scene was created from storyboards to filming the CGI to the finished scene and deleted scenes, audio commentaries; and "The Making of THE HULK" interactive game.
The two-disk DVD will retail for $26.98 and sell for $22.98 on VHS. The DVD will be available in both widescreen and pan-and-scan formats.
Universal Studios Home Video is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Vivendi Universal Entertainment (VUE) (www.universalstudios.com
), the U.S.-based film, television, and recreation entity of Vivendi Universal, a global media and communications company.
) is Microsoft's future-generation videogame system. Xbox is now available in the continents of North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.