The ultimate TITANIC DVDs were released today (Oct. 25, 2005) in a special edition, a special collectors edition and a deluxe collectors edition, courtesy of Paramount Home Ent. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Ent. International. The three-disc special collectors edition ($29.99) is available in the U.S., Japan and Korea, while the two-disc special edition is available in Europe, Australia and Latin America. The four-disc deluxe collectors edition is also available in Europe, Australia and Latin America.
The all-time box office hit from 97 offers a new ending, a new kiss and other new dramatic moments. TITANIC will be presented from a brand new high definition transfer, 16x9 anamorphic edition with 5.1 Surround EX Dolby and 6.1 DTS ES audio.
To help support this first-ever TITANIC DVD special edition, Paramount and Fox have launched their own TITANIC DVD website: titanicmovie.com. The website offers U.S. visitors a chance to take a virtual tour of the ship, view footage of the original dives to the "Titanic," see original costume sketches and set designs from the film, download screensaver and desktop images and more. At the International pages, fans can participate in the "TITANIC Trivia King of the World" contest; view "TITANIC Revealed" to see key scenes with text balloons revealing little-known facts about the film; discover deleted scenes; and more.
Two-Disc Special Edition
* New ending: a nine-minute alternate film ending shown for the very first time.
* Behind-the-scenes branched footage: from exclusive footage of Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio to a glance into what really happened behind-the-scenes of this multi-million dollar production and much more. Viewers get 50 minutes of new branched footage.
* Three new commentaries: includes a Cameron commentary, a cast and crew commentary and a historical commentary.
Three-Disc Special Collectors Edition
Includes the two-disc special edition plus more than three hours of never-before-seen material:
* More than 45 minutes of new deleted footage: Jack fighting for his life, the passionate kiss you never saw and Jack and Rose in their final moments together. Each scene is state of the art, with the effects finished to match the vfx in the theatrical feature.
* Production and effects featurettes: An inside look at Cameron in action. Experience the building of the "TITANIC" studio and film set from the ground up. Dissect scenes. Dive to the wreckage of the actual ship. View the film crews personal video footage and much more. The multiple Oscar winner benefited from such vfx houses as Industrial Light & Magic, Cinesite (Hollywood), Blue Sky, Digital Domain, Matte World Digital, Pixel Envy and Rainmaker Digital Pictures, among others.
* BREAKING NEW GROUND: this TV special goes behind the scenes of the phenomenon.
Four-Disc Deluxe Collectors Edition
Includes the 2 and 3-disc Special Edition content plus:
* THE HEART OF THE OCEAN: HBO's First Look TV special takes a look at "TITANIC" before it became the largest floating vessel of the worldwide box-office that we know today.
* Three TITANIC Parodies: watch as the biggest film of all-time is spoofed in these three pieces.
* Trailers: a selection of trailers, including some never-before-aired or shown.
Paramount Home Ent. (www.paramount.com/homeentertainment/
) is part of the Viacom Ent. Group and is responsible for the worldwide sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment for Viacom, including: Paramount Pictures, CBS, Nickelodeon, MTV and Comedy Central. Viacom Ent. Group is part of the entertainment operations of Viacom Inc., one of the world's largest entertainment and media companies, and a leader in the production, promotion and distribution of entertainment, news, sports and music.
Twentieth Century Fox Home Ent. Llc. (www.foxhome.com
) is a subsidiary of Twentieth Fox Film Corp., a News Corp. company.