cebas Computer GmbH
will demo its upcoming release of finalRender Stage-2 for Alias Maya 6 at SIGGRAPH 2004, to be held Aug. 8-12 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Cebas' premiere rendering tool for Alias Maya 6 will be available to view live at booth# 2039.
finalRender Stage-2 for Maya 6 offers the following feature set for the first time for Maya users:
* All new Anti-Aliasing core engine technologies. The latest advanced adaptive Anti-Aliasing sampling algorithms have been implemented along with significant speed enhancements.
* Powerful Dynamic Bitmaps technology -- finalRender's native, all-purpose bitmap pager has been incorporated and solves the memory limitations and problems that allows users to render 21K x 21K images and larger along with high resolution textures.
* Inclusion of a special Adaptive Multiple Ray Sampler code to enhance rendering speed on scenes that use multiple "blurry" rendering effects such as Blurry tracing, Area shadows or Quasi Monte Carlo Global Illumination.
* Superior Anti-Aliasing detection in nearly horizontal lines and other extremely thin edges
* Completely integrated rendering plug-in of finalRender Stage-2 into Maya
* Ongoing free service and support enhancements
Compilation of main finalRender Stage-2 for Maya features:
* True 3D Motion Blur - The development of a true 3D motion blur tool was driven by the passion of artists around the world. The solution to this is finalRender Stage-2's highly accurate motion blur tool that allows definition of moving elements while retaining foreground and background details.
* Dispersion - The ability to refract light based on the material's structure offers finalRender Stage-2 users creative control over light in objects.
* Multiple Cameras - finalRender Stage-2 offers nine cameras, including InsectEye, Architectural, Cylinder, Distortion, Fisheye, Panoramic, Spherical, UltraWide and Window.
* Network Rendering - Multiple workstation support to efficiently render a sequence of frames in the least amount of time.
* True 3D Micro Triangle Displacement - finalRender Stage-2 includes this advanced rendering method to give artists the ability to create more surface detail for their models by generating and displacing extra triangles for geometry only at render time.
* Hyper-GI - This unique approach to global illumination is based on a sophisticated hybrid energy distribution model that can handle both animated objects and lights (or both of them together) while giving the user full control and speed.
* HDRI-Support - finalRender Stage-2 was the first commercially available renderer to support true High Dynamic Range Image rendering were a special type of bitmap replaces a whole set of lights in a scene. This method of lighting is the only way to create smooth and natural illumination of artificial scenes combined with real live footage. As one of the only rendreres on the market finalRender Stage-2 allows to smoothly render even complex GI situations with HDR-Images.
* Sub Surface Scattering - finalRender Stage-2 offers an enhanced volumetric light scattering algorithm that allows light to be scattered to create volume glow and halo effects like those from diffuse illumination.
* Simple Illustration Renderer - Advanced hidden line rendering is also a part of finalRender Stage-2. This is especially useful for technical illustrations and cartoon renderings.
* Future Proof - finalRender Stage-2 is optimized for Intel P4 HT code, and is 64-bit ready. Future versions will support different operating systems.
finalRender Stage-2 was designed from the ground up based on the benefits that artists requested most and includes features such as:
* True Adaptive Caustic Light Rendering with extended Energy Control
* Fast Area Light Shadows, even with point light sources
* Realtime Volume Light Rendering
* True Geometry Based Direct and Indirect Light Sources
* Energy-Based "Light Particle" Rendering System
* First Renderer with fully Licensed "Zauner Shader" Technology
* AI based "On Demand" Loading/Unloading of Geometry
* Intelligent and Automatic Raytracing Acceleration through AI-3D Space Segmentation
* True 3D UltraBlur Algorithm for fast Blurry Renderings
finalRender Stage-2 for Maya 6 will be available from cebas Computer GmbH and local Maya dealers in 2005, Q1. This first release will support windows platforms, only. Support for different operating systems will follow in late 2005.
cebas Computer GmbH (www.cebas.com
) is a German developer of advanced 3D software for 3ds max and other 3D applications, based near Heidelberg. With 15 years of experience in software development for the 3D market, cebas has become renowned for its quality and unique software products serving graphics and animation studios around the world. Software and technologies developed by cebas are used to create vfx for films, television programs, advertisements, games and multimedia titles.