Ryan Church, concept design supervisor at Industrial Light & Magic (STAR WARS EPISODES I, II and III) is the Grand Master award winner for EXPOSÉ 2, the latest in the series of digital art books from Ballistic Publishing that will begin shipping in July. The Grand Master is awarded to an artist exhibiting outstanding skill and contribution to the advancement of digital art. A graduate of Art Center, Church began his career at Walt Disney Imagineering (blue-sky concepts for future theme parks) before freelancing at Universal and hiring on at ILM in digital feature production.
The EXPOSÉ 2 Advisory Board and Jury members that awarded Ryan Church with this honor are:
* Syd Mead, visual futurist and designer
* Chris Sloan, senior editor of art, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
* Lorne Lanning, president/creative director, Oddworld Inhabitants
* Diana Walczak, artistic director and co-founder, Kleiser-Walczak
* Bay Raitt, digital sculptor and animator, Weta Digital
* Feng Zhu, concept art director
* Alex Morris, director of 3D, Hayes Davidson
* Andrew Hartness, architect/3D developer, Ateliers Jean-Nouvell
* Daniel Wade, editor EXPOSÉ 2, Ballistic Media
* Mark Snoswell, ceo and editor EXPOSÉ 2, Ballistic Media
Pre-order information, page galleries, award winning images and more are available at www.ballisticpublishing.com/expose2
Ballistic Publishing (www.ballisticpublishing.com
) is a global publishing company created and based in Adelaide Hills of Australia. Mark Snoswell and Leonard Teo are the founders and directors of Ballistic Publishing.