files/pictures/picture-35.jpgAnimal Logic, Sydney, NSW, with George Patterson Y&R in Melbourne and Plaza Films, Sydney, has won Best of Show in Television at the 2005 international Mobius Advertising Awards. They won for "Big Ad," created for Carlton Draught of Fosters Australia.
Animal Logic used 3D software to create the many extras needed to create the commercial, which is reminiscent of a pending battle of epic proportions. Animal Logic also provided the visual effects for five Mobius winners.
Best of Show awards were won by creatives in Australia, U.S., Austria and the U.K. Best of Show nominees were selected from among the 136 First Place Mobius winners in the 35-year-old competition. The overall winners represented works from 25 countries.
Animal Logic competed against six other nominees for the top TV award, including another of its own entries, "No 5-The Film," for Chanel.
The other nominees were:
* "For boys who were always men," DDB Group Germany, Berlin, for Volkswagen;
* Chipi Chips "Container," "Demolition Ball," "Meteor," "Piano" Campaign, Grey Worldwide Zagreb for Franck d.d., Zagreb;
* "Penguins 1," Grey Worldwide New York, Frontier Airlines;
* "Pulp Fiction," "Aliens," "Shining," "Jaws," "The Exorcist," "Titanic" Campaign for Volkswagen by DDB Germany, Dusseldorf;
* "Life is: Plasma A:60," "Life is: DVD-R A:60," "Life is: Digital Camera A:60" Campaign for Panasonic by Grey Worldwide, New York City.
Arnold Worldwide, Boston, won Best of Show in Cinema/In-flight for "The Check Up," for Volkswagen of America.
Nominees in that medium were "Janadriya, A Festival of Human Spirit," a Saudi Arabia tourism promotion done by Industria 3 Film & Post, HD, Mexico City; and "Fly," a commercial for WMF AG cutlery by KNSK Werbeagentur GmbH, Hamburg, Germany.
A campaign by Buck & Pulleyn, Pittsford, N.Y., Eastman Kodak Company "Get Noticed," took top honors in Mixed Media.
Also nominated for Best of Show in this medium were: "Seek Truth," campaign for American Legacy Foundation by Arnold Worldwide, Boston, and Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Miami; and "Passat Features" for Volkswagen by Arnold Worldwide, Boston.
Best of Show in Online Advertising was won by Arc Worldwide, London, for "Flash Hunk," for Flash Cleaning Products.
The other nominees were "Passat Features," by Arnold Worldwide, Boston, for Volkswagen, and "Horlicks," by Williams Murray Hamm, London, for Horlicks.
For a complete list of winners, visit www.mobiusawards.com/