Press Release from The Visual Effects Society
Los Angeles, August 17, 2011 – The Visual Effects Society (VES), which represents approximately 2500 visual effects artists and practitioners worldwide, is pleased to announce it will hold the 10th Annual VES Awards Show on February 7, 2012 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills. The Annual Awards show is where the most outstanding work in 23 visual effects categories is presented and the artists who created them are honored.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE 10th ANNUAL VES AWARDS:
• August 15, 2011 – Rules & Procedures to be posted at www.visualeffectssociety.com/ves-awards
• October 10, 2011 - Submissions open
• November 15 through November 30, 2011 – period for uploading of viewing materials
• November 30, 2011 – Submissions close
• February 7, 2012 – Awards ceremony, Beverly Hilton Hotel, Beverly Hills, California
About the VES - www.visualeffectssociety.comVES is a professional, honorary society, dedicated to advancing the arts, sciences, and applications of visual effects and to upholding the highest uniform standards and procedures for the visual effects profession. VES is the entertainment industry's only official organization representing the extended community of visual effects practitioners including supervisors, artists, producers, technology developers, educators and studio executives. Its approximately 2500 global members contribute to all areas of entertainment from film, television and commercials to music videos, games and new media.