Press Release by Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Universal City, CA – The Easter Bunny’s hare apparent leaves his ancestral home on Easter Island to pursue pop superstardom in the hilarious comedy Hop, coming to Blu-ray and DVD on March 23, 2012, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Blending state-of-the-art CGI animation with live action, Hop is a non-stop, rockin’ adventure packed with humor and hijinks as rebellious young rabbit E.B. (voiced by Russell Brand), strikes up an unlikely friendship with Los Angeles underachiever Fred (James Marsden) en route to becoming a rock star drummer.
The perfect Easter gift, the Hop Blu-ray/DVD Combo Packs deliver perfect hi-def picture and perfect hi-def sound and include an all-new, never-before-seen, music-filled mini-movie, extensive bonus features and interactive games, adding hours of entertaining fun for parents and children alike. The Combo Packs also contain a Digital Copy of the film for a limited time, compatible with iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android or online retail partners. Also included is an UltraViolet copy, the revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows by storing them in the cloud to instantly stream and download to computers, tablets and smart phones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice.
Directed by Tim Hill (Alvin and the Chipmunks) and produced by Chris Meledandri (Despicable Me), Hop features hilarious performances by James Marsden (X-Men, Enchanted), Russell Brand (Despicable Me, Get Him to the Greek), Hank Azaria (The Simpsons), Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory), Hugh Laurie (House), Gary Cole (Talladega Nights), Elizabeth Perkins (Weeds) and David Hasselhoff (America’s Got Talent).
View the trailer at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGQmY4cPjBw
COMBO PACK EXCLUSIVE BONUS FEATURES:
- Phil’s Dance Party—An all-new mini-movie starringfan-favorite chicks Phil and Carlos. Phil eats so much candy that he crashes,leaving Carlos to perform a solo of the big dance finale…the Merengue!
- The World of Hop— Explore an interactive mapof Easter Island to experience the making of HOP.
- All Access with Cody Simpson— The best-selling teenageheartthrob performs the film’s catchy theme song, “I Want Candy” and attendsthe Hop world premiere, his first Hollywood movie red carpet event.
- Russell Brand: Being the Bunny—A wacky look at what happensin Russell’s brain as he prepares to become THE Easter Bunny.
- Russell Brand’s Kid Crack Ups—Russell Brand interviewskids with comedic results.
- Carlos on Carlos: The PremiereAccording to Carlos— Experience the world premiere of Hop from the POV of Carlos. Viewersare given a guided tour of the party, where they can meet celebs and see allthe fun!
- Emotion in Motion: The Dance ofKen Daurio— WriterKen Daurio sits down to discuss his inspiration for everyone’s favorite dancingchick and reveals just how hard it was to teach Phil those awesome moves.
- Post Coup Commentary: Carlos &Phil Tell All— ActorHank Azaria reveals the truth about Carlos’ and Phil’s relationship, and howthey imagined Easter Island would be if their coup had been successful.
- E.B.’s Candy Challenge— The first one to the finishline in this virtual board game wins! There are some challenges along the way, including mini-games like PictureChallenge, 3 Egg Monte, and Candy Fix.
- Drum Along— E.B. can hit some tasty beats. Viewers compete to keep up with him as heplays a sequence of rhythms on four drums.
- Pink Beret Skill Tester— Fans can find out if theyhave what it takes to become a Pink Beret with the skill tester! Challengeswill test memory, observations skills and logic as players earn the rank ofPink Beret, Carlos’ right hand chick, or Phil’s intern.
ADDITIONAL EXCLUSIVE COMBO PACK FEATURES:
- Digital Copy – Viewers can redeem a digitalversion of the full-length movie to watch on an array of electronic and portabledevices.
- UltraViolet: The revolutionary new wayfor consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud and streaminstantly to computers, tablets and smart phones. Currently available in the United Statesonly.
- U-Control: Universal’s exclusive featurethat lets the viewer access bonus materials without leaving the movie!
- BD-Live: Access the BD-Live Center through your Internet-connectedplayer to watch the latest trailers and more.
- uHear: Never miss another line of dialogue withthis innovative feature that instantly skips back a few seconds on yourBlu-ray disc and turns on the subtitles to highlight what you missed.
- pocket BLU: The groundbreaking pocket BLU app uses iPhone,iPod touch, Android, PC and Macintosh to work seamlessly with anetwork-connected Blu-ray player. Alsoavailable on the iPad, owners can enjoy a new, enhanced edition of pocket BLU made especiallyto take advantage of the tablet's larger screen and high resolution display.Consumers browse through a library of Blu-ray content and watch entertainingextras on-the-go in a way that's bigger and better than ever before. pocketBLU offers advanced features such as:
Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live functions with ease.
Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray Hi-Def. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
Visit www. Hopmovie.com for additional information.