Press Release from NewTek
Who: NewTek, manufacturer of industry-leading 3D animation and video products
What: NewTek invites all 3D artists and CG media to visit our booth to view demonstrations of the much anticipated new version of LightWave 3D at SIGGRAPH 2010 - Hall H, Booth #337.
* Experience an all new LightWave, with production workflow enhanced versions of Modeler and Layout as well as powerful next generation CORE technologies, including enhanced pipeline integration tools and support for Autodesk's geoCache file format, Anaglyph Stereoscopic viewport support, interactive display and rendering tools, new UV mapping tools, bullet rigid body dynamics, and new immersive real-time and game tools.
* Meet Rob Powers, NewTek's director of entertainment and media development, who will answer questions about the next generation of LightWave. Powers was a key member of the team behind James Cameron's "Avatar," and also worked on Steven Spielberg's team for "TinTin." On "Avatar," he established the very first Virtual Art Department and supervised the virtual environments.
* Meet Andrew Clement, creator of the organ models for "RepoMen," as he discusses how LightWave made the creation of the "artforgs" or artificial organs for the movie, so easy.
* Meet two Hollywood film and television legends, one who happens to be an avid LightWave user. We'll name drop in an upcoming press release.
* Meet Ernest Chan, the CG supervisor at Nickelodeon as he talks about his usage of LightWave on "SpongeBob SquarePants," "The Fairly OddParents," "Jimmy Neutron," "Invader Zim" and "Avatar: The Last Airbender."
When: Tuesday-Thursday, July 27-29, 2010
When: SIGGRAPH 2010, Los Angeles Convention Center, Hall H, Booth #337
More Information: 3D artists can register for complimentary exhibit passes to SIGGRAPH 2010, courtesy of NewTek. To register, enter this code, n3wtk3d, by clicking here.
Benefiting producers and artists with cost-effective and groundbreaking technologies, NewTek is a worldwide leader in 3D animation and special effects tools, portable live production and video editing including LightWave 3D®, the TriCaster™ product line and 3PLAY™. NewTek has won numerous industry accolades, including two Emmy® Awards. NewTek products have been used in blockbuster films and television shows, including "Avatar," "RepoMen," "Angels and Demons," "Battle for Terra," "The Dark Knight," "Iron Man," "Tropic Thunder," "V," "FlashForward," "Lost," "Fringe" and more.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. For more information, please visit: www.newtek.com .