Nickelodeon announced it will host the first-ever SpongeBob Fan Shellabration at Universal Studios Hollywood in Los Angeles, Calif., Sept. 7-8, where the loveable character regularly appears to entertain kids and families of all ages.
The two-day Shellabration event will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.and include a live script-read of a SpongeBob SquarePants episode featuring the series voice cast; a screening of the winning videos from the inaugural SpongeBob SquareShorts: Original Fan Tributes competition; an exhibit of fan-created SpongeBob SquarePant s inspired art; a first of its kind SpongeBob Toyota concept car; a live musical performance by Tom Kenny (voice of SpongeBob) and more.
Admission to the SpongeBob Fan Shellabration is included in the price of admission to Universal Studios Hollywood.
“SpongeBob SquarePants is one of the most iconic characters of our generation and is beloved by fans around the world,” said Pam Kaufman, Chief Marketing Officer, Nickelodeon Group. “We are thrilled to be partnering with Universal Studios Hollywood to give the fans an amazing, one-of-a-kind SpongeBob SquarePants experience.”
“SpongeBob SquarePants is an endearing character at Universal Studios Hollywood that entertains our guests visiting from around the world,” said Xiomara Wiley, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Universal Studios Hollywood. “Serving as the premier location for this first-ever Shellabration fan event in collaboration with Nickelodeon enables us to bring this lovable character to life in a variety of unexpected and interactive ways.”
At Nickelodeon’s inaugural SpongeBob Fan Shellabration event at Universal Studios Hollywood, guests will be able to:
- Watch a livescript read of a SpongeBob SquarePants episode featuring the voicetalents of Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants), Bill Fagerbakke (PatrickStar), Clancy Brown (Mr. Krabs), Mr. Lawrence (Plankton), and RodgerBumpass (Squidward).
- Collectautograph stamps and take photos with the full cast of costumedcharacters, including SpongeBob, Patrick, Pearl, Sandy, Squidward, Mr.Krabs, Mrs. Puff.
- Screen thewinning and other exclusive submissions from the inaugural SpongeBobSquareShorts competition; a global competition that encouraged SpongeBobfans to create and submit original tribute films, across all genres.
- Visit the“Bikini Bottom Gallery” art exhibit of fan-created SpongeBob inspired artcurated by Gallery Nucleus. Some of the art was featured in thegallery’s “Nautical Nonsense: A Tribute to SpongeBob SquarePants,” whichran from July 27-August 11.
- See the newToyota Highlander SpongeBob concept car, which will be making a pit stopat the Shellabration, following a cross country road trip. For moreinformation on where you can see the SpongeBob concept car this summervisit www.nick.com/highlander.
- Sing alongat a live musical performance featuring Tom Kenny and the High Seasperforming live from the Universal Plaza Stage.
- Play alongwith fellow fans at “SpongeBob’s FAN-Tastic Trivia Party,” where playerscan test their knowledge of all things Bikini Bottom for a chance to winexclusive prizes.
- Receive afree mini-poster that features all of the characters from Bikini Bottom(limited quantity, while supplies last).
- Enjoy facepainting, character drawings and a SpongeBob Skill Crane.